Up to 81% off IK Multimedia Lurssen Mastering Console and ONE Mastering Processor, now $29.99 each

cclarry

Lurssen is a good one and worth the $29.99. I often use it to get a (very good) ballpark master sound. Then I can compare it with what I get from Ozone. And then I can try to recreate it with other plugins. Or when I'm just jamming and don't want to bother with spending too much time, I just slap it on. Don't expect magic, but it is a nice tool to have.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

I gotta say, i really like this one and use it a lot. Probably my most used IKM investment. A nice quick way to master something and also its fun to look at the mastering chain and replicate it in another software and see how it compares. I think well worth the discounted price. My only beef is, it never really ever worked that well as a plugin in a DAW. It would often crash my DAW. But that's not really a big deal as I almost always export my final mix to a wav and then load it into this. Works prefect i standalone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I gotta say, i really like this one and use it a lot. Probably my most used IKM investment. A nice quick way to master something and also its fun to look at the mastering chain and replicate it in another software and see how it compares. I think well worth the discounted price. My only beef is, it never really ever worked that well as a plugin in a DAW. It would often crash my DAW. But that's not really a big deal as I almost always export my final mix to a wav and then load it into this. Works prefect i standalone.

Oh yeah, it can be really resource heavy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

Lurssen is a good one and worth the $29.99. I often use it to get a (very good) ballpark master sound. Then I can compare it with what I get from Ozone. And then I can try to recreate it with other plugins. Or when I'm just jamming and don't want to bother with spending too much time, I just slap it on. Don't expect magic, but it is a nice tool to have.

have you compared it with the Brainworx Masterdesk ?

Lursson is a good one to have! Works magic for getting in the ballpark!

But it can be a resource hog if you try to run your full mix through it on your master bus. Better to use it with a stereo mixdown without all of your other plugs running...

I have the Brainworx Masterdesk and that is more of a go-to if I just want a quick level-up for my master bus. It sounds great too! Compared to Lurssen, which seems to add about 50% to my real-time CPU load, Masterdesk only adds about 4% to my real-time CPU load.

• Like 3