random thread

pwal³

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went actual camping for the first time since I was a teenager this weekend (and have 37 mosquito bites as souvenirs - apparently, they don't mind the tons of repellent spray I put on... 🤬).  One of the guys there had wanted to go but couldn't this year.  At first he was disappointed since he gone to the last few, then he read about this year's and was relieved he missed it!

Since I avoid desserts and; the one day of camping I just had was MORE than enough to realize how much I cherish running water, real toilets, air-conditioning, electricity and not being eaten alive; I won't be going anytime soon!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

hm, can no longer upload from mobile again...

I haven't been able to upload for a long time (hit their file storage limit), so I just upload to one of my own domains and link from there (or hotlink when it's allowed).

I did discover that, in your profile somewhere, it will show you all of the files you've uploaded so you can probably delete some of the really old ones to free up space.

22 hours ago, craigb said:

the one day of camping I just had was MORE than enough to realize how much I cherish running water, real toilets, air-conditioning, electricity and not being eaten alive; I won't be going anytime soon!

I've always figured that anyone who goes camping (in which I include camper vans and caravans) must really hate wherever they live the rest of the time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paulo said:

I've always figured that anyone who goes camping (in which I include camper vans and caravans) must really hate wherever they live the rest of the time. 

Or they mistakenly let the little head help with their decision making! 😆

52 minutes ago, paulo said:

Mrs. Notes and I spent 5 weeks in Australia in a small hi-top camper van. Ice box, stove, sink, and a bed that could have been converted into table and bench (but stayed a bed). No toilet or shower.

We found campgrounds along the way for our sanitary needs, and in Oz, the rest stops on the highway are quite nice.

We say kangaroos, platypus, echidna, cassowary, wallaby, 2 ton crocodiles, snakes, more birds than we can identify, even with a guide book, and much more.

We saw the big red rock, Uluru, snorkeled on The Great Barrier Reef, saw a concert in the Sydney Opera House, and had a great time. It was nice because we were in control of where we went, and when we went there. We never had a hard time finding an RV campground, and other than the gas/petrol, Australia was not expensive.

But the best part of the vacation was the Australian people. Cheerful, warm, friendly and eager to help.

I'd do it again.

But I agree, it's not the most comfortable way to live.

Notes ♫

• Like 1