WaveDNA releases Liquid Music v1.8.0 $129 ($199 reg)

Spice3d

My offer is $75 to upgrade from Liquid Rhythm 1.4.5 to "Liquid Music 1.8.0 + Liquid Rhythm 1.8.0".

What’s New:

• Support for recently-changing technologies for operating systems and chipsets including Apple Silicon, macOS 11+ and Windows 11
  • New compatibility with Bitwig and Reason on Windows (complementing prior compatibility on macOS for these two DAWs)
  • New ProTools AAX for Liquid Rhythm (complementing the prior Liquid Music AAX) on both macOS and Windows, including native mode compatibility on Apple Silicon
  • Full compatibility has been restored with the Liquid Music Max For Live Device (AMXD) in Ableton Live 11+ on macOS and Windows, including native mode compatibility on Apple Silicon
  • Installation and setup have been improved and streamlined with embedded Java (isolated from any system Java) licensed from Azul, and other updated internals

43 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

My upgrade offer is 29$

Mine too.  I have both Rhythm and Music, latest versions prior.  I found them very clunky to use, and set them aside fairly quickly.  $29 for apparently a bug fix gives one pause, but I understand that with the death of the primary developer, there is some financial risk assumed by those moving forward.  The code base must be well commented.  I dl'ed the demo and will take it for a spin.  Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

My upgrade offer is 29$

The Java licensing and Apple M1 support undoubtedly added to development cost. I would hazard to guess they need a cash infusion and are also testing the waters to see if 2.0 is worth doing. I like the uniqueness of the product and will support the dev with fingers crossed. 🤞

• Like 1

Anyone else having trouble activating the trial?  I am also having long delays with this forum.  Maybe my ISP is stuck in a snowbank.

//EDIT//  I am up and flying now.  I tried to install alongside 1.7 and I guess that ain't allowed.  Uninstalled per RTFM and I am up and flying now.  UI is none too friendly for aging eyeballs.  🤓

2022-12-19_10-30-29.jpg.10ff42b99a62720d71d7eac552bbe2b8.jpg

Edited by Brian Lawler
I saw the light

5 hours ago, Spice3d said:

The Java licensing and Apple M1 support undoubtedly added to development cost. I would hazard to guess they need a cash infusion and are also testing the waters to see if 2.0 is worth doing. I like the uniqueness of the product and will support the dev with fingers crossed. 🤞

I think I may go ahead and pull the trigger on the update too.  It appears more stable- that was the biggest issue I had.  I have had one crash window so far, but the program continued to run and I didn't lose anything.  It used to just dump out to the desktop. Must be the new Java engine.

I feel insulted by these developers.  They never had their shit together as far as having your product in your account ect.   Funny how Hornet can get the "little things" right.  This was at one time was almost vaporware.   I deleted LR from my system so I would not be annoyed Java.   There's waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much stuff out there that is superior.

I'd give my money to Waves on a WUP before these developers/

23 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I feel insulted by these developers.  They never had their shit together as far as having your product in your account ect.   Funny how Hornet can get the "little things" right.  This was at one time was almost vaporware.   I deleted LR from my system so I would not be annoyed Java.   There's waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much stuff out there that is superior.

I'd give my money to Waves on a WUP before these developers/

I guess I can understand your opinion. FWIW the 1.8 version does away with the JAVA version issue in 1.7. They licensed JAVA and its now embedded in the plugin.

• Like 1

I also felt it was kind of clunky to use, but I liked what they was trying to do with it.  It wasn't as bad if you didn't try to run multiple instances of it, but I'd use it on a couple of songs here and there.

When my machine crashed, they reset it and gave me the update for free.  I never had any problems contacting support, and the response was decent.  I'll probably pick it up when I get a chance, but I'm using an older iMac(2012) so it may not even run.

I'm just happy to see that they still working on it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Topcheese said:

I also felt it was kind of clunky to use, but I liked what they was trying to do with it.  It wasn't as bad if you didn't try to run multiple instances of it, but I'd use it on a couple of songs here and there.

When my machine crashed, they reset it and gave me the update for free.  I never had any problems contacting support, and the response was decent.  I'll probably pick it up when I get a chance, but I'm using an older iMac(2012) so it may not even run.

I'm just happy to see that they still working on it.

My experience with support has been good.  

Couple notes for Windows, not sure if this affects Macs:

1. After you uninstall 1.7, which must do, you have to also manually delete the 1.7 .DLL plug-in files. Here's the full uninstall instructions https://support.wavedna.com/hc/en-us/articles/218390828-How-to-Uninstall-Liquid-Rhythm-Liquid-Music-on-Windows

2. The 1.8 installer puts the VST3 files in the same folder as the VST2 files. Ableton at least doesn't like this and I had to manually move the VST3 files to the proper folder. 

3. The 1.8 VST2 files are named differently than the 1.7 versions in that they don't have "64" at the end. Thus, any old projects won't load the plugins. My solution is to have duplicate VST2 files with one set having the 64 at the end (eg LiquidMusic64.dll)

4. The 1.8 installer mentions Unity plugins, but you can ignore because it should have been removed as they don't work. 

Glen at WaveDNA is aware. 

• Thanks 1