Free Cherry Audio Modular Modules - Including PSP Classics Modular Collection and PSP nitroModular Collection

SunPower

Looks like PSP Classics Modular Collection and PSP nitroModular Collection are currently free on the Cherry Audio Store (it has the word demo in the titles, but it looks like they're the complete products since the individual products show as owned after adding the collection to my account and not in the demo section in my account):

Modular itself has been free for a while. Also, there's quite a bit of free modules (sort by price).

Also, there are a few modules that are currently on sale for free:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, SunPower said:

Looks like PSP Classics Modular Collection and PSP nitroModular Collection are currently free on the Cherry Audio Store (it has the word demo in the titles, but it looks like they're the complete products since the individual products show as owned after adding the collection to my account and not in the demo section in my account😞

I grabbed these for free a while back. They show up for me as "Owned" in the Cherry Audio Store. I don't see the word "demo" in the titles here.

• Like 2

Some of the Playertron freebies are designed for other Playertron modules. 

A breakout for the Countdown Loop Diffuser (a flexible, layered looping unit), this device gives you access to each bank’s countdown controls . . . .

I just assumed that those are not really useful to people who don't own the modules for which they were designed.  If you find otherwise, please let us know.

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Some of the Playertron freebies are designed for other Playertron modules. 

I just assumed that those are not really useful to people who don't own the modules for which they were designed.  If you find otherwise, please let us know.

I think that the Playertron Remote and Expander are "teasers" for these 2 modules, on sale now:

Countdown Loop Diffuser, $5.99 https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/countdown-loop-diffuser

Serial Function Oscillator,  $10.99 https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/serial-function-oscillator

29 minutes ago, abacab said:

I think that the Playertron Remote and Expander are "teasers" for these 2 modules, on sale now:

You might be right about them being intended as teasers, but my impression has been that they are intended as perks for those who already own the respective paid modules.

29 minutes ago, abacab said:

I also wouldn't call free preset or free tutorials teasers.  To me demos with limits (such as time and/or feature limits) are teasers because those give people a taste for what a full version does. I'd say that videos posted in forums, in YouTube, etc. which show the modules at work are also promotional teasers.  

As I understand it, the free modules are breakout boxes, remote access points, expansion boxes that don't do anything by themselves or in combination with modules other than the ones they are expanding.  Not 100% sure, so I downloaded one and will try to make time to see if it can be used with anything else.

(this device comes with a free Countdown Loop Diffuser Remote module - after purchasing this looper, you'll see this remote available for free)

Update: I tried the Serial Function Oscillator Expander. While it can take various non-playertron modules as inputs, so far as I can tell, the only place where the expander can be used is with the Serial Function Oscillator module.

Of course, having a free module with a lot of connection points might inspire someone to purchase the base module or even other modules from the developer.  

Edited by User 905133
To add an update

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

You might be right about them being intended as teasers, but my impression has been that they are intended as perks for those who already own the respective paid modules.

Semantics. I don't own the primary modules that these 2 are dependent on, yet the breakout/expander were offered to me for free. That is teasing ME!!! 🤣

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Semantics.

Semantics?  Absolutely!!!!  🙂 

Semantics: (1) the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.

Semantics (2): the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I don't own the primary modules that these 2 are dependent on, yet the breakout/expander were offered to me for free. That is teasing ME!!! 🤣

Whatever floats your plug-in window!  😜 

WARNING: Some of these will tease you!!!  😉

Apologies if I accidentally listed some that either (1) aren't free and (2) cannot be used with modules you already own.  I will double check on my older PC to verify that these are all currently free. 

Caveat: Don't blame me if you really like some of these module makers and spend more money than you would have if I hadn't posted it.  BTW, I have no financial interest in CA, VM, or any of the third party module makers listed above. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Apologies if I accidentally listed some that either (1) aren't free and (2) cannot be used with modules you already own.  I will double check on my older PC to verify that these are all currently free. 

Caveat: Don't blame me if you really like some of these module makers and spend more money than you would have if I hadn't posted it.  BTW, I have no financial interest in CA, VM, or any of the third party module makers listed above. 

🤣

Semantics?  Absolutely!!!!  🙂 

Whatever floats your plug-in window!  😜 

Thank you for doing this. Much appreciated. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Thank you for doing this. Much appreciated. 

You're welcome. BTW, I added about 8-10 more then accidentally hit Back in my browser and lost the Edit Reply Buffer.  I will try again either later or tomorrow.  For now, a few changes from the above list:

• [others, too - I know I have picked up some other free modules (to be added as I find them)]
    • I picked up a delay I really like; not sure if that was just free for a limited time or is still free
      • lt's no longer free; it was for a limited time when it was first release.  [Definitely a teaser IMO. And it worked. I bought more from him.]
    • I know I picked up a MIDI panic button for free; not sure if its still free.  
      • lt's still free from Adroit Synthesis.

• Thanks 1

For those that don't know, the CA Store Sort by Price: Low to High is not necessarily based on the current sale price (or your customized discounted price for bundles). For example, once the $10 level modules are reached, there will be modules on sale for $5, $7.99, $3.99, etc. interspersed among other $10 modules.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

If u buy the synths does the Synth modules automatically gets add to voltage modular?

If you mean Cherry Audio's Instruments (such as those in the SynthStack, no, but if you have the Plug-In Host and Mini Plug-In Host modules in Voltage Modular, VM can host those and many other 64-bit VST/VST3 Synths. These host modules are not in the free version of VM (Nucleus); they are in VM Core.  See the comparison chart for what's included with each version of VM.

If you mean the the Voltage Modular modules, yes, if you have an internet connection.  When I boot VM, it does a server sync which updates my modules.  If I purchase a module (including demos) and they don't get added immediately,** I press the update button on the top of the Library UI.

**Under Settings > Account, there's a checkbox option to "Ask Before Updating Modules." I think that just for updated modules, not new purchases demos. 

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo

10 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

If u buy the synths does the Synth modules automatically gets add to voltage modular?

If you own Voltage Modular and buy additional modules for VM, they are automatically downloaded to your VM "library" when VM is launched, if you are online and logged into you Cherry account.

But if you just buy a standalone Cherry Audio synth, they do not include any VM modules. There are some VM modules available to purchase that are similar to a few standalone synths, such as the SEM (Eight Voice), and Vintage Voice Bundle (VM2600 and DCO-60), and Polymode. That list is growing and those are just examples.

By comparison, if you are looking for that option inclusive you will find some Softube synths are "modular ready" and provide modules for Softube Modular.

Edit: the post above mine was made as I was typing this up. I was trying to access the Cherry site to confirm a few details, and it was running slow today... @User 905133made a good point that I omitted that you can host VST plugins within VM so lots of flexibility there!

Edited by abacab