Purgatory Creek Soundware 40% off Black Friday sale

Craig N

Keyboard libraries for Kontakt, Kronos/Nautilus, Kurzweil Forte, Montage/Modx

https://www.purgatorycreek.com/

Note, 40% discount applied at checkout / in the store which is after you hit the Buy Now button on the product pages. 

Here are the details for the Kontakt library bundles, but they're available individually if you're only after a single one eg at $11.97 down from $19.95 originally.

Tine Collection for Kontakt

$39.95 $23.97

Four tine-based electro-mechanical pianos.

The Collection includes all of the instruments shown below:

Mark I (1975)

Mark V (1984)

Mark II (1980)

Sparkletop (1965)

Please note: This library requires the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt.  It will only run in demo mode when using the Kontakt Player.

Reed Collection for Kontakt

$39.95 $23.97

The collection includes all of the instruments shown below:

Reed RP 200a

Reed EP 140b

Pianet N

Pianet T

Please note: This library requires the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt.  It will only run in demo mode when using the Kontakt Player.

Clavinet Collection – Kontakt

$24.95 $14.97

The collection includes all of the instruments shown below:

Clavinet D6

Clavinet C

In all, you have two deeply sampled clavinets in a single collection at a very reasonable price.

Ext-Black-Friday-2022-1.png

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 3

Man, there are so many sales going on for sample libraries of my beloved Wurli and I just bought the e-Instruments one and then spent time realizing that I like SonicCouture's Wurli even more, and then this library is dirt cheap.... It's a good time for Wurli fans. The biggest challenge is not buying all of these libraries. 

29 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Man, there are so many sales going on for sample libraries of my beloved Wurli and I just bought the e-Instruments one and then spent time realizing that I like SonicCouture's Wurli even more, and then this library is dirt cheap.... It's a good time for Wurli fans. The biggest challenge is not buying all of these libraries. 

Well, if you think about it, the only guaranteed way to know you have the best Wurli library is to buy all of them 🙂

I do like the fact there's a 140b in this Purgatory Creek collection, as I don't have one of those yet. 

I spent a fair bit of time comparing my Wurli libraries yesterday and realised what I don't like about the Broken Wurli is the mechanical noises so when I turn those down, it actually can end up sounding pretty good and surprisingly close to the e-Instruments one.

But I still currently prefer the e-Instruments, mainly after watching an interesting comparison of some virtual Wurli's against an actual Wurli yesterday and then comparing those tones to the ones coming out of the libraries I already own.  

When I get the Broken Wurli closer to the tone of the Wurli in that video (by giving it some bass boost in the EQ), it readily distorts at high velocities. Whereas the e-Instruments one takes a bass boost more in its stride. 

I was testing them with some midi files, in particular Steely Dan's "Do It Again". Broken Wurli has a preset for Steely Dan's "Do It Again" and it doesn't really sound much like the tone used in the song to me. It took a lot of tweaking to get to a serviceable sound. I'm not really that interested in the sound design type presets in the e-instruments one either but it least the bread and butter stuff is totally serviceable without the need for tweaking. The default e-Instruments preset worked perfectly for Do It Again. 

I'm definitely going to be buying all of these Purgatory Creek libraries, and the VReeds and VTines from Acoustic Samples too. What I'm not sure about currently is whether I should try to get the sampled AcousticSamples libraries first, because at one point owners of the Wurlie library got 50% off VReeds and if that discount is still in place and stacks with BF pricing then it might be worth the extra expense. 

I obviously also need to get Keyscape. 🙂 

• Like 2

@Craig N I have been listening to the Purgatory Creek demos trying to decide. They definitely sound good, but considering how disappointing I find SoundPaint's Wurli due to the lack of good dynamics,  I think velocity layers are ultra important.  While I dig the vibe of the basic sound from the demos and our Fleer and others had good things to say about these libraries,  I just wonder from the small file size if these libraries have the kind of detail to do the velocity layers that result in the kind of dynamics that are the hallmark of a real Wurli-- they're gentle when you're gentle and they're edgy when you're slamming the keys. Granted, SoundPaint's library is probably big and also lacks good dynamics,  despite Troels promoting the heck of his samplers 127 velocity layers (e-Instruments us vastly superior) the lack of decent dynamics ruins his library, IMO, unless you drench it in distortion. But that's just my instincts on this library.  I'd be grateful for your insights after you buy and checkout the Purgatory Creek libraries (particularly both of the Wurlitzer ones) . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

And that 140b in Keyscape is a mighty fine one. It’s even included in the 30GB Lite version, so so can run it ln my lappie while keeping the full 80GB home. 

Fleer,  can you speak to my concerns about dynamics? Does the Wurli have sweetness when you play it gently and bite when you pound the keys like real Wurli? That's my concern with the small file size. 

There’s no difference in file size between the Wurli 140b in Keyscape Lite or the full mothership. They’re exactly the same. Lite just has less keyboards (but the most important ones are included). There’s no 200a in the Lite version, though. 
 As for Purgatory Creek, I have (and absolutely love) the Kurzweil version, with the 140b at 250MB, half the size of the Kontakt version at almost 0.5GB, while the 200a versions are more or less similarly sized at 250MB, if I’m correct.

• Like 1