Thenatan DEVIL Multi-Mode Distortion is FREE For A Limited Time

Kreveta Puket

19 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Because he makes false promises about updating his buggy products and keeps releasing new products without ever updating existing ones.

he is not the only one, there is plenty of developers with same promises with updates never finished, its a business to make money like eveything else.

for example one of the biggest loosers is NI with Kontakt not resizable in flstudio/win/4K screen,,,they ask for £1500+ bundled of products and just massive x is resizable.

Edited by dee
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Not implementing new features is vastly different from not fixing broken or even unusable products.

try to contact NI and tell them you cant use most of their products because they are small on screen....thats how you call unusable products for £1500+....thenatan is selling bundles for $20 on sale so just $3-5 per plugin, its nothing comparing to NI bundle.

Might be just Windows 10 / Cubase, but I've used a few of their plugins A LOT without any issues. Vybz, Tape Piano 2 especially. And received some good support regarding VST3 when I picked these up. I got the total bundle (at the time) during Black Friday last year for like $30. Worth it for me.

19 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

What's your point? It's OK to sell crap as long as it's cheap?

How about some specifics?

I had a bit of trouble with Tape Piano 2 on one machine but it was resolved.

I own but don't really use most of them other than I like Vybz and use that.  Only one I really actually care about.

They don't use terrible protection schemes and that helps put them on the "good in my book list" until I run into meaningful problems.

Edited by Brian Walton

15 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

What's your point? It's OK to sell crap as long as it's cheap?

my point is NI is selling expensive crap which i cant resize and they not willing to fix this problem for several years....thats all,,,,at least newest thenatan plugins are resizable for me

• Like 1

A little out of context of the thread... I'm sorry about it...

I read and respect all comments here because they are based on experiences and cover different points of view

But as a software developer, I am sad to hear this
It depends on the company/developer, but the sense of everything I have read here is real and true

In fact, and in my case, I'm developing something that I don't want to talk about yet, and I'm thinking a lot about how to maintain and improve the product after it's on the market

There are people who make plugins and libraries completely free, and some get bad words when the software fails (BUT IT'S FREE...!!!)

And there are people/companies that do this to make money (of course!)

But we all know that software maintenance is something that is often written in lowercase and sometimes very expensive for the developer/company. Similarly, the expectations with a large company are not the same as with a small one, or with a developer behind everything
However, and don't talking about the free software, when we use a plugin/library, we expect everything to be fine, and if there is a problem, the user expects maintenance to fix bugs or major issues
And here, another point. The new features of a plugin/library

Some developers/companies add very few things, or change the UI and change the version number (there are many products that do this)

Others, add very small things and they give it to you completely free

But when you spend money on something, you expect minimal maintenance, a usable plugin/library

Otherwise, as a user, you will be disappointed with the developer/company and won't want to use anymore and of course you will advise other users to avoid using... and same for people who have the opposite experience

Each person has their own experience, and all of them are respectable, so thanks to @Jan Schmitz and @dee to share the experiences and points of view

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

A little out of context of the thread... I'm sorry about it...

I read and respect all comments here because they are based on experiences and cover different points of view

But as a software developer, I am sad to hear this
It depends on the company/developer, but the sense of everything I have read here is real and true

In fact, and in my case, I'm developing something that I don't want to talk about yet, and I'm thinking a lot about how to maintain and improve the product after it's on the market

There are people who make plugins and libraries completely free, and some get bad words when the software fails (BUT IT'S FREE...!!!)

And there are people/companies that do this to make money (of course!)

But we all know that software maintenance is something that is often written in lowercase and sometimes very expensive for the developer/company. Similarly, the expectations with a large company are not the same as with a small one, or with a developer behind everything
However, and don't talking about the free software, when we use a plugin/library, we expect everything to be fine, and if there is a problem, the user expects maintenance to fix bugs or major issues
And here, another point. The new features of a plugin/library

Some developers/companies add very few things, or change the UI and change the version number (there are many products that do this)

Others, add very small things and they give it to you completely free

But when you spend money on something, you expect minimal maintenance, a usable plugin/library

Otherwise, as a user, you will be disappointed with the developer/company and won't want to use anymore and of course you will advise other users to avoid using... and same for people who have the opposite experience

Each person has their own experience, and all of them are respectable, so thanks to @Jan Schmitz and @dee to share the experiences and points of view

Even if something is free - VSTs that don't perform properly can literally freeze and shut down a DAW.

I appreciate knowing complaints about these types of issues to avoid them in my workflow as those issues actually "cost" the user and is suddently no longer a "free gift" as it were.

Appreciate developers that offer free things, but sometimes you run into free that just isn't worth it.  Paid products fit into the same boat.

• Like 1