Mntra Ultrasonic Death Whistle free at APD

Zolton

1 hour ago, Brian D'Oliveira said:

@Reid Rosefelt we tried looking into building what we envisioned with Kontakt  and its basically impossible, so we instead chose the (extremely hard ) route and build MNDALA from scratch. The features we have now built with the newly released 2.0 are just the tip of the iceberg of many exciting developments in our development roadmap that will now be possible and that we can't wait to start sharing in the near future.

As for your Cubase trouble, I just literally delivered two major series using both Cubase and Nuendo with extensive MNDALA 2.0 instruments within, and it worked just fine, so please do feel free to reach out via our support and mention me and I will personally go over this to see what could be the issue.

Thanks, Brian.

I do have other issues with Cubase, so the problem could be on my end.

I just found a workaround by loading up MNDALA in Unify.   The original MNDALA works fine, but with 2.0, I can't see the full visual interface. 

1654837882_mndala2.thumb.jpg.b92992e8c9dbfa0f604e587f903f80b3.jpgIt

It works as an instrument, but I can only see a quarter of the UI, which is a shame because your visuals are so great.
You could check it out with the free version of Unify to see if you also see the problem.

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-demo/

If there is an issue, it's worth fixing as a  lot of people like to use Unify, and it would be a cool way to layer a bunch of Mntra instruments and save as presets.

I'll make a Mntra template in Cubase and keep fooling around with this.  As I said, I like your company a lot.  You make very unique instruments and deserve our support.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Thanks, Brian.

I do have other issues with Cubase, so the problem could be on my end.

I just found a workaround by loading up MNDALA in Unify.   The original MNDALA works fine, but with 2.0, I can't see the full visual interface. 

1654837882_mndala2.thumb.jpg.b92992e8c9dbfa0f604e587f903f80b3.jpgIt

It works as an instrument, but I can only see a quarter of the UI, which is a shame because your visuals are so great.
You could check it out with the free version of Unify to see if you also see the problem.

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-demo/

If there is an issue, it's worth fixing as a  lot of people like to use Unify, and it would be a cool way to layer a bunch of Mntra instruments and save as presets.

I'll make a Mntra template in Cubase and keep fooling around with this.  As I said, I like your company a lot.  You make very unique instruments and deserve our support.

@Reid Rosefelt I always prefer to do support via emails so that it does not bog up the discussion, but try first opening it without unify and under 'settings' scale it down ( maybe 50% )and then open it again. That might just do the trick :)

7 hours ago, Brian D'Oliveira said:

Brian here from MNTRA,  we had a temporary hiccup with our server service last night as you tried to do this which was resolved steadfastly and you should have received an updated order and the ability to download.

Hi @Brian D'Oliveira thanks for dropping into the forum to help and also for the freebie.

Would you mind letting me know what the difference is between UDW and UDW-LE please?

When I made the purchase and checked out, there was no mention of it being an LE version and the email from Audio Plugin Deals advertising it doesn't mention it being a limited version either.

I can see they've now changed their website to display that it's a limited version and yet, the retail price of $25 suggests it's the full version, as that's the same price as you're selling UDW on your website.

It feels a bit misleading and a bit of a bait and switch in getting LE after checking out. But I'd like to understand the differences before jumping to any conclusions.

Thanks 

Edited by MusicMan

13 hours ago, MusicMan said:

It feels a bit misleading and a bit of a bait and switch in getting LE after checking out. But I'd like to understand the differences before jumping to any conclusions.

While waiting on a reply from @Brian D'Oliveira, I took a look at the two libraries since I have both of them.

They each have the same number of presets (with different names), but the UDW-LE only has 6 sample maps that are a subset of the 13 sample maps in the original. The presets are constructed from the available sample maps. This list can be viewed by clicking on the "Samplers" tab, and then selecting one of the 6 sample slots.

@MusicMan We also noticed the wrong info being listed and have informed them accordingly, here is its page with the accurate info for your reference https://www.mntra.io/product/udw-le/ . 

UDW-LE is a teaser to the newly coming  UDW-CE ( Limited Collectors edition coming this next week ) and the updated 1.0 - 2.0 official UDW versions. as you have pointed out @abacab there are only 6 sample maps within LE and about the same number of presets as the 1.0 original version, which for the 'price tag' is still of great value and useful especially if you take it further sound designing with the new available features of MNDALA 2.0. The paid products will obviously have more sample maps and presets given their pricing, and I can confidently say that whomever does already own the 1.0 version will be very happy once the new 2.0 official version is released ( I am guilty of being obsessed with wanting to make this new version the defacto unparalleled Death Whistle instrument ever 🤣 ) .

Edited by Brian D'Oliveira
bad grammar
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I'm starting to get turned off with more proprietary players and download managers. 

The alternative to proprietary players is to be limited to only what can be accomplished within Kontakt. As the developer mentioned, the desired functions for MNDALA were unavailable with Kontakt. That would have been the easier path!

Since NI Kontakt is the de facto industry standard for sample players, they are unable to be nimble and develop new solutions that might otherwise disrupt the catalog of existing Kontakt instruments.

Your choice! 😉

I just want stuff to work. 

It is great to create software that works for 70% or 80% of users.  But it might take you a lot longer to get to 100% of users.  I think this is the natural way of software creation, which involves much Beta testing and finding the bugs and issues.  

I once came up with an idea for a website called SpeedCine back in 2010 that I thought was pretty exciting.  The idea was you would type in the name of a movie and it would tell you where you could watch it (legally).  Not just Netflix, Apple, Amazon, Hulu, etc, but more obscure sites at the time, like MUBI, National Film Board of Canada. It also was geo-located, so you would see different results depending on what country you were in (very complicated).  

I had a friend who was a programmer and he showed me over the weekend that it could work. Then it took about five months to make it pretty good--it worked 90% of the time.  And then a it took a year and a half after that to make it work perfectly every time. The first five months of development was easy and even fun.  The year and a half that followed, to get from 90% to 100%, was one of the most difficult things I've ever been through in my life.  Thousands of problems to be solved, and frustrations that kept me up all night when I couldn't find the answers. Lots of money spent.  But I never gave up.  When I was finished, it was a thing of beauty. 

Everybody who saw my website when it was done thought it was amazing.  But I had made a crucial mistake in marketing.  I had let too many people, particularly journalists, try it before it was ready.   I got bad reviews that stayed online.  Nobody would come back and re-review.  I thought that people would sign on to my dream that it would get better.  But they didn't.  They didn't go back.   I should never have let anybody who wasn't a friend or a tester see the thing until it was perfect.  

I made a lot of other mistakes too.  My website required too much maintenance--the best ones work by themselves. It would never have worked as a business for many reasons.   I ended up abandoning something I worked on 7 days a week for years.  I lost a lot of money.  One of the many catastrophes of my life.

I tell this sob story, not to say anything about MNTRA, just that it is very hard to create technology that works 100% of the time for everybody.  And it's easy to get impressed by how relatively easy it is to get to 80%.  This is the mistake I made as a neophyte. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 5