Guitar strumming VSTs

fret_man

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

Just saw this in the Ample Sound guitar strummer guide:

1.7 Strum with Articulations (Original)
By combining articulation keyswitches and chord switch keys, you can play Natural Harmonic, Palm Mute, Slide In & Out, Legato Slide, Hammer-On & Pull-Off and Pop while strumming.

!! What? I've got to play around with this. I wonder how you specify which notes of the chord will be articulated? I don't remember seeing this in any of their MIDI demos. Gonna go look again...

This has been a great discussion. I'll check out the various videos as well.

2 hours ago, fret_man said:

!! What? I've got to play around with this. I wonder how you specify which notes of the chord will be articulated? I don't remember seeing this in any of their MIDI demos. Gonna go look again...

This has been a great discussion. I'll check out the various videos as well.

Seems like it is possible to trigger hammer-ons in strummer mode, however not directly inside strummer panel. You'd probably need to either press "F0" key on your musical keyboard or input this note manually to corresponding track in your DAW, right between 2 chords.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, fret_man said:

That sure would be simpler! Wish I could control my neighbor from cutting his grass, or the airplanes overhead, or the dogs. I think you get my problem. I have no quiet tracking space.

Dynamic mics, Piezo pickups, soundhole pickups, playing inside the wardrobe...

• Great Idea 1

32 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Jason sent me a reply with the same video that @MisterX posted above bookmarked at 308.

<snip>

So, we did get the gist of everything. He also said that if there are other specific questions to reach out to the Ample Sound support team.

Yes, indeed! This helps a bunch. I basically need to define all the chord shapes I'll require and then trigger the legato into the next chord. Neat. Gotta go play with this. 

Thanks everyone! Y'all can go back to making your own music now. This has been a very beneficial discussion for me.

• Like 2