First gig of the day

bitflipper

3 hours ago, John Maar said:

My 3 dogs handle my bad moments beautifully. They hide. When I get through one, they come back out best buddies, still with all the love in the world.

Married men take note........ if you really want to know who is your best friend, lock your wife and dog in the garage before you go out for the day and then see which one is still pleased to see you when you get back.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, John Maar said:

How would she do here in France, where topless happens? Or some of the French islands were bottomless also happens?

Hopefully, she's like the wife of one of my friends. They returned from a trip to Tahiti,  and all she could complain about was that nude men lay on their stomachs and nude women lay on their backs. 🤣

She would be fine, and we had our days at nude beaches when we were younger. However, there is an unwritten rule at nude beaches around here, not to point anything out. We don't go to the beach much anymore, too busy doing other things that are also enjoyable.

We played at a nudist 'camp' (it was actually a mobile home and RV park) for quite a few years, until a hurricane came and destroyed the clubhouse. Neither Mrs. Notes nor I had a problem with that.

Mrs. Notes has no problem with me looking at pretty girls, she knows I think that she is beautiful, and she knows I have no intention of being unfaithful.

Before marriage, when I was gigging in singles clubs and later on the road, there were babes-a-plenty, and I hope they all look back on the experience as fondly as I do. But right now, as pretty as those flaunting their youth are, I wouldn't take the chance even if it was offered.

I'm sure she appreciates looking at young, fit men, but I don't point them out to her. :D

Notes ♫

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

We played at a nudist 'camp' (it was actually a mobile home and RV park) for quite a few years, until a hurricane came and destroyed the clubhouse. Neither Mrs. Notes nor I had a problem with that.

Didn't like the clubhouse? 🤔

😜

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Didn't have a problem with the clubhouse either.

Had a bit of a draft in there though.

The members probably felt it even more than you and Mrs. Notes (unless you two abided to the "when in Rome" rule).

Our first gig there was a Halloween party. People came in costume. Some didn't leave them on very long.

Mrs. Notes donned a flesh colored unitard. She dyed a pair of my skivvies and a t-shirt the same color.

Then we made black cardboard rectangles and pasted them over our eyes (with peep holes and sunglasses underneath), and 'sensitive' body parts, like they used to do in the old-fashioned magazines. We went as 'censored nudes'.

It cracked them up, and our sense of humor was one of the reasons why they brought us back.

But the band wasn't required to be nude, and we wore some minimal clothes, but never showed up naked.

On 8/26/2022 at 6:48 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Care to divulge the culture? Got a set list you could share?

Oldies, mostly from the 60's and 70's but occasionally dipping into the 40's and 50's. Chick singer loves Janis Joplin, so lots of San Francisco pop rock, Tina Turner, Martha and the Vandellas. I sing rockers like Radar Love, Line on You, Crossroads, Tobacco Road. We also like more obscure but jammable blues such as Wang Dang Doodle and Boogie Man Boogie by Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen. The lead singer and I are the best harmonizers, so we often back up the bassist or guitarist on lead vocals when we want some fat harmonies, e.g. Eagles stuff.

So obviously, "culture" was a bit tongue-in-cheek. This ain't rocket surgery.