Up to 60% off all Sound Particles, including Dopper for $39.60, Air for $27.60, and Doppler & Air Bundle for $59.60:

cclarry

1 hour ago, James Foxall said:

I ended up picking up Indie with the Group discount. I have been writing some ambient music and I’m really curious to see if I can do something interesting and out if the box with this tool. 

I've just start checking it out.
My big question is integrating it with either Music or Video with a logical workflow.
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not seeing things like:
* SMPTE support or support for video editors like Premiere.
* Support for DAWS - no support for VST or other plugins or rewire support.

Yes you can import & export audio but lets say you wanted add effects over the bridge of a song that was a work in progress
- you'd have to export a rough mix, then import it into Sound Particles. Then create your fx mix and export it, then fly it into your audio project.
and if you have to make any changes (producer thinks the effect needs to altered in some way, or he changes the music) you may have to repeat the whole process.

I love the concept I just want to see a workflow that's not going to make me cringe.
Like I said I'm a nube with this app, but I'm not seeing my questions answered in the manual.

Edited by TheSteven

On 6/28/2022 at 8:03 PM, TheSteven said:

I've just start checking it out.
My big question is integrating it with either Music or Video with a logical workflow.
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not seeing things like:
* SMPTE support or support for video editors like Premiere.
* Support for DAWS - no support for VST or other plugins or rewire support.

I posted my questions on the Sound Particle forum and got an answer:

Hi Steven, thank you for your questions! We hope you're enjoying the trial version (and a reminder that the full license is now 50% off with our Summer Sale!).

To answer your questions:

Sound Particles is a standalone app. You cannot use it as a plugin on a Digital Audio Workstation or a Video Editor. To be able to work on your video or on your sound, you need to import it to Sound Particles - as you would do to any other DAW or video editor - and work directly in it. Then, you can export the result and import it back to your DAW or video editor.

In regards to the plugins, they don't currently work in conjunction with Sound Particles (they were released after Sound Particles was) at the moment, but we're diligently working to make that happen  Thank you for buying the plugins, we hope you're enjoying them! Feel free to give us your feedback regarding the plugins and also how your experience goes with Sound Particles!

While this info makes me a little less enthusiastic it doesn't totally kill my interest.
It does knock it down from a no-brainer to the this could still be useful territory.
I'm hoping that I can find some time to play with it this weekend.