Sign in to follow this  
Johnbee58

Compromise-Original

Hi John . . . I'm a liker of this one ! So many interesting moments along the way, great instrumental surprises . . . I actually found this very theatrical in it's presentation, like something you would hear in a musical stage production.

• Thanks 1

As noynekker noes this is much more a musical theatre piece, mix sound fair here on my Events.  That lead synths sounds just tad to forward at the 2;18 point woudl be my only observation.

• Thanks 1

Great job on the vocals ! Loved the song. The first time thru I thought they were a little dry. Second listen I got it. Enjoyed it ..  mark

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@mark skinnerThanks for listening, Mark.😃

@Wookiee & @noynekker Thanks for your input.  "Broadway Meets Bowen".  Cool!  Wook, you're right about that synth so I brought it down  and panned it from 4 o'clock to 2 o' clock to spread it out a bit.  I also put a buss compressor on the Master.  Seems to hold everything together better.

🙂John B

Edited by Johnbee58

I'm really liking the melody and lyrics John. You have a strong vocal range that handled the highs and lows of the song very well.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

Lot's of interesting changes in there and very good playing too.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, KSband said:

Lot's of interesting changes in there and very good playing too.

Thanks for listening, @KSband

😃John B

Hi John  glad to see you back on the forum!  This a nice reflective song and the performance and mix sound good.  I like that pause around 1:40 and the bass line that follows.  Very nice work indeed!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, freddy j said:

Hi John  glad to see you back on the forum!  This a nice reflective song and the performance and mix sound good.  I like that pause around 1:40 and the bass line that follows.  Very nice work indeed!

Thank you, Mr. Bluesman!!😉

😀John B.

Nice job - I thought your vocal stood out on this one.  This had a 70's light rock vibe to me.  I really liked that synth after the breakdown section.

Regarding the mix - well done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Nice job - I thought your vocal stood out on this one.  This had a 70's light rock vibe to me.  I really liked that synth after the breakdown section.

Regarding the mix - well done.

Thanks for listening, Doug 😀.

😀John B

John, I listened to this the other day and I thought I commented, but obviously not.

This is def something different for you. Good job.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:56 PM, noynekker said:

Hi John . . . I'm a liker of this one ! So many interesting moments along the way, great instrumental surprises . . . I actually found this very theatrical in it's presentation, like something you would hear in a musical stage production.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:13 AM, Wookiee said:

As noynekker noes this is much more a musical theatre piece, mix sound fair here on my Events.  That lead synths sounds just tad to forward at the 2;18 point woudl be my only observation.

Agree with what both Noynekker and Wookie said   - enjoyed this, thanks for posting

Nigel

• Thanks 1