My New Video: The Time I Made Madonna Laugh

Reid Rosefelt

What made Reid's thread -- this thread -- special and what the folks negatively complaining don't appreciate, is the camaraderie, kindness and support  shown in this thread. Reid has long shown himself to be a very helpful part of this community. This is post mortem analysis,  because this thread was attacked and is now completely derailed,  as was the attacker's intent -- as he recently did on a thread for a small developer out of Poland aiding relief efforts in Ukraine. 

One could point to the persistent forum rulebreaking, the infusion of politics regurgitating the propaganda of a brutal murderous dictator the complainer in chief in this thread has done in this forum -- the level of hypocrisy is ridiculous and I've never reported his policy breaking posts even once. Just as he destroyed another thread helping victims in Ukraine,  he effectively derailed and ended this thread.  I think,  in the end, after decades of leading, consulting and writing about social media,  that kind of behavior is toxic to an online community and, in the case of this thread,  it attacked a kind spot in this community all because of one overly controlling hypocrite who doesn't care the least about complying with forum rules when he's  promoting propaganda for a brutal dictator.  Just as we many of us have morally given Larry support and encouragement when he goes on tangents and shares his personal/financial struggles, the best of a community is revealed in how we support others, as was exemplified in this thread. In any event,  yeah, this is a deals forum,  but this community is made up of people and I think people supporting one another is still a beautiful thing and a great part of this community. It's what has kept me coming back since the earliest days of the original forum. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

What made Reid's thread -- this thread -- special and what the folks negatively complaining don't appreciate is the camaraderie, kindness and support  shown in this thread. Reid has long shown himself to be a very helpful part of this community. This is post mortem analysis,  because this thread was attacked and is now completely derailed,  as was the attacker's intent -- as he recently did on a thread for a small developer out of Poland aiding relief efforts in Ukraine. 

One could point to the persistent forum rulebreaking, the infusion of politics regurgitating the propaganda of a brutal murderous dictator the complainer in chief in this thread has done in this forum -- the level of hypocrisy is ridiculous and I've never reported his policy breaking posts even once. Just as he destroyed another thread helping victims in Ukraine,  he effectively derailed and ended this thread.  I think,  in the end, after decades of leading, consulting and writing about social media,  that kind of behavior is toxic to an online community and, in the case of this thread,  it attacked a kind spot in this community all because of one overly controlling hypocrite who doesn't care the least about complying with forum rules when he's  promoting propaganda for a brutal dictator.  Just as we many of us have morally given Larry support and encouragement when he goes on tangents and shares his personal/financial struggles, the best of a community is revealed in how we support others, as was exemplified in this thread. In any event,  yeah, this is a deals forum,  but this community is made up of people and I think people supporting one another is still a beautiful thing and a great part of this community. It's what has kept me coming back since the earliest days of the original forum. 

Well Reid never broke the forum rules despite it being in deals.

I think you need to give it a rest  and avoid calling out  unnamed person(s). 

• Like 1