In Before the [New Year?]!!!

craigb

I got drunk and went to bed at 9:30. The traditional fireworks and gun fire woke me up at midnight. Good to see some traditions are still held sacred. Christmas was a total flop this year. XM cut their Christmas music channels ofd at midnight Dec 25th. Store decoration shelves were empty before the 25th. It's like there was a concerted effort to wipe out tradition this year.

Can't handle alcohol as I fight the aging process. In my own defense it was the strongest I could find. 10.2% alc.. Basically 1 was like 2.5 so I essentially downed 8 beer in the time it takes to have 3.

2021 was a horribleĀ year for so mamy reasons for me.Ā Ā I've never felt so alone and isolated and miserable in my entire life as I did this year. But I was so busy I hardly had time to think about it until now. I didn't sit down for 10 minutes all year 7 days a week from January to mid December. I was and stillĀ AmĀ exhausted. I did a TON of work inside and out here at my house not to mention what I went through with my dog in the coldest month in 200 years here while my wife was in Hawaii telling me I was overreacting.

Something's gotta change this year or I'm throwing in the towel.

Edit: Oh yeah ... Happy New Year.

Edited by Shane_B.

42 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I got drunk and went to bed at 9:30. The traditional fireworks and gun fire woke me up at midnight. Good to see some traditions are still held sacred. Christmas was a total flop this year. XM cut their Christmas music channels ofd at midnight Dec 25th. Store decoration shelves were empty before the 25th. It's like there was a concerted effort to wipe out tradition this year.

Can't handle alcohol as I fight the aging process. In my own defense it was the strongest I could find. 10.2% alc.. Basically 1 was like 2.5 so I essentially downed 8 beer in the time it takes to have 3.

2021 was a horribleĀ year for so mamy reasons for me.Ā Ā I've never felt so alone and isolated and miserable in my entire life as I did this year. But I was so busy I hardly had time to think about it until now. I didn't sit down for 10 minutes all year 7 days a week from January to mid December. I was and stillĀ AmĀ exhausted. I did a TON of work inside and out here at my house not to mention what I went through with my dog in the coldest month in 200 years here while my wife was in Hawaii telling me I was overreacting.

I have no idea where youā€™re at Shane. This was last winter at our previous home up by Lake Travis, North of Austin was brutally cold.Ā We had moved to Texas from Idaho, due to the little ladyā€™s express wishes to get out from under the snow we got hammered with two years in a row in Idaho. When we packed up to move from Idaho, I went to grab the snow shovel to take with. You know, ā€œbe ever prepared, you never know what may happen.ā€ She says to me, ā€œleave the shovel here. What are you daft? It doesnā€™t snow where weā€™re moving to.ā€

ā€œMove to Texas,ā€ she says.

ā€Leave the snow shovel,ā€ she says.

Yup. Needed a snow shovel.

I could move to Belize and still get snow! Thatā€™s just my luck. Soā€¦ā€¦ blame the awfully cold blast we got last year on meā€¦ šŸ˜‰
Ā 

6B27DBB1-1393-4B9A-AE08-A3FDE59C97F7.jpeg

4 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Sounds to me like you've got the basisĀ of aĀ C&W song or two there......Ā 

Fire up the rig and get 'emĀ done before you accidentally cheer yourself up..šŸ˜€
Ā 

7 hours ago, paulo said:

Sounds to me like you've got the basisĀ of aĀ C&W song or two there......Ā 

Fire up the rig and get 'emĀ done before you accidentally cheer yourself up..šŸ˜€
Ā 

I really try to avoid the downer stuff these days. Stuff like my post and the beer. Lol.

I actually have an original song I'm working on that I believe could actually make money in the right hands. Nice to dream eh? Hah.

11 hours ago, Doc H said:

I have no idea where youā€™re at Shane. This was last winter at our previous home up by Lake Travis, North of Austin was brutally cold.

I read that people died in TX because the power went out during that cold snap and nobody was prepared because it never gets cold there. Sad.

I'm a bit south of KC in MO. I'm right on the North/South weather line. For example when we moved here 10 years ago my neighbor laughed at me because I was getting my tractor ready for winter to plow. They said it never snows here. Only ice and freezing rain.

We had three blizzards that year with 8 inches of snow each time plus two more storms with about 6 inches each.

Yesterday it was 64F bright and sunny. Today it was 14F and so far we have had freezing rain and 2 inches of snow here. 6 inches and more 20 minutes north. Going down to 0F tonight.

It's very unpredictable here. I preferred IA where you knew it would be -21FĀ regularly and you could prepare.

7 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I actually have an original song I'm working on that I believe could actually make money in the right hands

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but everybody here has got at least one of those.Ā šŸ˜‰

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but everybody here has got at least one of those.Ā šŸ˜‰

I've come really close in the past. LSS it was a song written in a specific style for an artist that died. There was supposed to be a film about his life and death. The contract was on the table but the record company got sued by the guys estate to stop production and it all went in to the garbage. But I got close. I'll always be proud that some big wig in NYC heard my music and wanted it for a movie. I would have had nothing to do with recording it but still I wrote it.Ā 

There's some guys here who make a living off music. Hopefully one day they'll have some.kind of hit and won't have to worry and stress over money more.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

I've come really close in the past. LSS it was a song written in a specific style for an artist that died. There was supposed to be a film about his life and death. The contract was on the table but the record company got sued by the guys estate to stop production and it all went in to the garbage. But I got close. I'll always be proud that some big wig in NYC heard my music and wanted it for a movie. I would have had nothing to do with recording it but still I wrote it.Ā 

There's some guys here who make a living off music. Hopefully one day they'll have some.kind of hit and won't have to worry and stress over money more.

Back in the 80s I had a song selected as a backupĀ for a movie. Backup in the sense that the author of actual song chosen was in a battle over *not* changing her lyrics. The person I spoke with, in person, asked if I was agreeable to changing anything about the song if the director requested it. Without skipping a beat, I immediately replied "yes, of course".Ā 

Eventually the author caved and of course my song was not used.

Here is the song:

You've Got The Power

Ā 

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, paulo said:

Trueā€¦ in the 80ā€™s I got hired into a band signed by MCA to replace the guitarist who was ousted as a condition of signing. Apparently, the previous guitarist didnā€™t have the requisite hair metal look. Recorded a few songs to complete the album and then nothing. Marketing spent no time on preparing a release. Didnā€™t even make it to pressing vinyl. Ā Thatā€™s how I learned it was the ā€œmusic businessā€ and not an art form. Upside, is I got an amp out of the deal.

6 hours ago, craigb said:

I wrote a song while I was still in a crib that got stolen.Ā  To get around the crime I hear the artist claimed he "heard the song in his dreams!"Ā  That was so Yesterday...

Not Tomorrow?