Plugin Boutique 5 for $5 Holiday Bundle

cclarry

On 12/29/2021 at 8:50 PM, PavlovsCat said:

So far,  no response from the developer. After I submitted my support request, I noticed a link to a YouTube review of the plugin. You know the plugin has serious problems when an aspiring YouTube influencer hawking the plugin -- um doing what influencers call a review (SPOILER: they're really salespeople) -- streams himself using the plugin and it has major problems. At that point,  the developer calls on the phone and acknowledges that he can't solve the problem then and there and that the plugin has a number of known bugs.  Hopefully,  the developer will get things worked out, but it really shouldn't have been released in its current state. 

Oh man that is sad...  can you send me the link?   It would cheer me out of the depression of trying to make this work. 

The truth is I never reached out the developer.  I just loaded Unify and went back to having fun making music.  😀

• Great Idea 2

For me Mndala is working with no issue. I took advantage of intro sale when they first came out.  Really unique as others said. I’m on Mac so not sure if that is what is making a difference.  I’m opening Mndala in Komplete Kontrol and use the knobs to tweak parameter and as Reid said the instruments come alive.  Hope everyone’s issues get sorted out. 

5 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Oh man that is sad...  can you send me the link?   It would cheer me out of the depression of trying to make this work. 

The truth is I never reached out the developer.  I just loaded Unify and went back to having fun making music.  😀

The guy who did the video must have taken down the post and link from Mndala's forum. But I looked in my YouTube history and I'm pretty sure that the below link is it. On the positive side, the developer shot me a quick email to tell me he'll help me troubleshoot the problem Monday. He stated he's never heard of this problem before with no sound. I'd be more encouraged had I not just seen  someone posting the identical problem in Mndala's forum and the developer responding that he's  never heard of this problem before -- and posted after I reported the same problem (although I'm on Windows 10 and the poster was on a Mac).  

Anyhow,  I  don't mean to be hard on the developer -- he seems like he cares,  I  just think this situation epitomizes how the developer could have made things a lot better for his customers had he just made this for KONTAKT instead of his poorly designed and poorly coded plugin that was clearly released without going through the appropriate processes. This is why I  don't appreciate small sample developers trying to be plugin developers at the expense of customers and the reason I mostly don't give them my business. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

@Reid Rosefelt

Thnks for the hds-up on Frcture; I'm rlly likng it. :) 

I'm just downloading Orakle now which is using Pulse downloader whereas Frcture came via Wetransfer (seemed much quicker than Pulse for me).

No issues so far, fingers crossed, even after moving the Frcture instrument/samples folder to my samples SSD. I just had to add the instrument back in again to MNDALA when it complained that it could no longer find the samples folder. The UI is really interesting and tweaking the X, Y, Z controls reveals some useful alterations to each preset.

@PavlovsCat I hope you manage to get your issues resolved as I think these are definitely worthwhile freebies, albeit I agree with your "just make it for Kontakt" sentiment.  I'm also on Windows 10 btw.

As ever, thanks @cclarry for the OP.