FabFilter updates all plug-ins, starts Holiday Sale

cclarry

FabFilter has just released new versions of all their plug-ins. These updates (which are free for existing users) fix a number of small bugs, as well as extending support immersive/3D audio formats in the AU and VST3 version of Pro-L 2 and Pro-Q 3, up to Dolby Atmos 9.1.6. See this news item for a complete list of changes.

The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download

Holiday Sale

In addition, FabFilter just started their annual Holiday Sale. Until January 1, 2022, there's a 25% discount on all plug-in bundles. See www.fabfilter.com/shop for more info.

If you already own one or more FabFilter plug-ins, your online FabFilter account offers you 25% discount on top of the normal Personal Upgrade Offer during the Holiday Sale.

System requirements are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP (32-bit and 64-bit) and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or macOS 10.12 or higher (64-bit only) with Intel or Apple Silicon processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools.

https://www.fabfilter.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I bought the Total Bundle during the end of year sale in 2012.

Since then, new plug-ins have always been very attractively priced.

Great company with great products.

They also have a referral program. First time buyers can get an additional 10% discount using a code provided by an existing customer. This code is time-limited (within 2 months) and may be used for any plug-in or bundle. It may be applied to products on sale too.  When redeemed. the person supplying the code receives a $12 credit toward a future purchase.

So, first time buyers make sure to ask someone to mail you a code. It takes your e-mail address for the existing customer to send the code through the FabFilter website.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

these are the best plugins by a mile. 

Erm. Hard disagree on that. Lots of good alternatives on the market. Prefer Sonible's smart:limit over Pro-L 2.  Never liked Pro C 2. It's got to be one of the least musically interesting compressors on the market. Pro-Q 3 wins the UI award - but much prefer DMG's EQuilibrium for sound quality. Eventide, Sonible, Softube (Weiss!) all make great alternatives with excellent UI. 

Lots of alternatives to Pro-R or Timeless 3 that I think sound better. Both have incredible UIs, but they sound uninteresting and lack character imo.  

Saturn 2 I'm on the fence about...I always put it on a track and then up replacing it with something else later. For saturation specifically, there are way better alternatives - for example Black Box HG-2MS. But Saturn clearly wins on the amount of distortion options, but it's more a jack of all trades, rather than great at any one thing.

Really love Volcano 3 though. Definitely one of the better filters on the market. But I do prefer the sound of Cytomic's The Drop, and wish The Drop had some of the features from Volcano.  Have never used Pro-MB, so not sure how that stacks up.

• Thanks 2