Plugin Boutique VirtualCZ Holiday Sale

cclarry

Good synth.  It does sell cheaper- it was $10 or less last year when I bought it.  CZ101 was my first synth, plugged into my Amiga.  Fond memories.  I kept almost every guitar I bought, but it never occurred to me that those plastic and circuit-board gizmos would one day be sought after.  At least the sounds are cheap today. 🎼

The CZ1000 was my first synth, back in the mid-80's... 😎

I still have it. Cost me a paycheck, a bit over $500. I think this virtual version is a very good emulation!

I also have the Arturia CZ V, which I think has a more user friendly interface. Better patch browser and live envelope curves. But for the price of the VirtualCZ, that's a better buy. Unless you already have the Arturia Collection, or plan to get it.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Lawler said:

Good synth.  It does sell cheaper- it was $10 or less last year when I bought it.  CZ101 was my first synth, plugged into my Amiga.  Fond memories.  I kept almost every guitar I bought, but it never occurred to me that those plastic and circuit-board gizmos would one day be sought after.  At least the sounds are cheap today. 🎼

I also got it on sale around that price.  The only issue for me is the tiny UI on my Ultrawide monitor, something which is not an issue with Arturia CZ V.

The CZ101 was also my first synth and I was also an Amiga user back then (did you have Dr T's KCS by any chance?).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

The CZ101 was also my first synth and I was also an Amiga user back then (did you have Dr T's KCS by any chance?).  

My memory is way too hazy.  Back then I was into programming, so I wrote some simple sequencing stuff.  I remember an Electronic Arts music title, but I don't know if it did MIDI.  Dr. T doesn't ring a bell but "Bars and Pipes" does.  I think that is what I used after I realized I didn't want to go that deep with programming 😬

Edited by Brian Lawler