Luminar 4 FREE!

cclarry

I can tell you that Bitdefender didn't like the Luminar 4 Installer
and blocked it...may have been a false positive, but I'm not risking it....I don't need it
so why bother!  After the initial download I scanned it with Bitdefender, which
said it was clean, but, upon installing, Bitdefender blocked it, saying it was a
malicious application.

I've downloaded from Shareware on Sale before...and everything was fine...but not
this time...so I got rid of it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cclarry said:

I can tell you that Bitdefender didn't like the Luminar 4 Installer
and blocked it...may have been a false positive, but I'm not risking it....I don't need it
so why bother!  After the initial download I scanned it with Bitdefender, which
said it was clean, but, upon installing, Bitdefender blocked it, saying it was a
malicious application.

I've downloaded from Shareware on Sale before...and everything was fine...but not
this time...so I got rid of it.

Installed and working fine

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

This site seems sketchy af. Anyone have experience with them? The downloader also looks proprietary - as in, the license they give you cannot be used with copy from the developer. I'm skeptical.

Ive used Shareware on sale many tea.  However I skip the proprietary installers.  They usually wrap in some Shareware on sale add in program.

Try the direct link posted to get the serial number then use the installer from the Skylum website.  I'd be shocked if it doesn't work.  (Already have Luminar 4 myself)

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

Ive used Shareware on sale many tea.  However I skip the proprietary installers.  They usually wrap in some Shareware on sale add in program.

Try the direct link posted to get the serial number then use the installer from the Skylum website.  I'd be shocked if it doesn't work.  (Already have Luminar 4 myself)

That's what I did...and Bitdefender wasn't having it...

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Yes...straight from the Website...

I heard of this theory, I think it was a famous politician, that if you stop looking for viruses, maybe they won't be there? So you could just disable Bitdefender for 5 minutes and whatever it found might actually be gone. Worst case scenario, if your computer does get infected, you could simply inject some disinfectant into the RAM, I hear that might work, too. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, fitzroy said:

I heard of this theory, I think it was a famous politician, that if you stop looking for viruses, maybe they won't be there? So you could just disable Bitdefender for 5 minutes and whatever it found might actually be gone. Worst case scenario, if your computer does get infected, you could simply inject some disinfectant into the RAM, I hear that might work, too. 

Fortunately though, people realize that your computer virus advice is utter nonsense. don't follow it, and three quarters of a million computers won't be destroyed over it. 

Edited by PavlovsCat