Spitfire Originals Issue Fix

cclarry

Unfortunately we have identified an issue that may cause issues when recalling sessions.
This issue has now been fixed but in order to resolve the problem on your system, I need
to ask you to open the Spitfire Audio app and perform a "repair" on all of your originals
products. The attached screenshot shows where this can be found.

Run the SAA, select your "Original" Library, and then click "Repair" to resolve the issue

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

NOW, even after installing it, it STILL says "install"...
I think that they goofed...

I know it doesn't help but it worked ok here

did you try a reinstall - I always find the Labs stuff needs installing twice before the Spitfire installer acknowledges it as being installed

also check to see if the VST2/VST3 files (including 32bit ? why don't they allow us to choose?)  are there. 

38 minutes ago, marled said:

God, give us plugins with manual installation and free us from those malicious installers! 😄

I think it would be good if they gave us the choice but I don't have a problem with SOME of the installers....some are terrible of course.  

Eventide badly need one IMO - it's impossible to keep track of what's been updated.  You have to go through the website and check version numbers off against what's installed.  Lots of companies are like this.

In this instance the initial problem wouldn't have been fixed by a manual installation...it was just some (more!) sloppy programming and testing by Spitfireaudio....and at their premium prices they really should do better (again IMO).

• Like 1

This also underscores why I loathe when small sample developers decide to make their own plugins when even larger developers struggle to be marginally competent.  When small developers decide to make their libraries as plugins I'm usually out. It just means another plugin learning curve, another plugin in to maintain and troubleshoot. No thanks. Plus, most of these inexperienced software developers have no idea about user experience design and usability. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

This also underscores why I loathe when small sample developers decide to make their own plugins when even larger developers struggle to be marginally competent.  When small developers decide to make their libraries as plugins I'm usually out. It just means another plugin learning curve, another plugin in to maintain and troubleshoot. No thanks. Plus, most of these inexperienced software developers have no idea about user experience design and usability. 

I kinda agree - although the GUI on the $$$ Spitfire Kontakt libraries is even worse in my view.  It like a kontakt library from 10 years ago.  Even most of the free libraries have better kontakt gui.  

it's a business model that seems to work for them though

While they may not "look schnazy" they ARE quite functional, and sound wise,
they're out of this world.  Devs have a hard job...having to write for 8 billion
different pieces of hardware...and "hope" that it all works, because you can't
possibly test for "everything"....

I was programmer...I get it...so I'm not going to gripe over the very first
hiccup I've had with Spitfire...I know the new BBC update did some 
damage...but I got in after that...so it's ok