Family portrait.

Doc H

An updated family portrait of me Strats. 

08FAFF2F-FEAB-4F4B-8AFC-9711F67825C5.jpeg

I’ve relocated once again. The wife and I moved to Spring, TX. I think I’m certifiably retired now. I sit and watch the world go by. Feeling a bit like Sid. I think I’ll show up at someone’s studio and just sit there and stare at the goings on.  😁

Edited by Doc H
  • Like 6

Phew.

For a minute there I thought I was gonna have to try and think of something nice to say about that weird looking relative........

(everyone has at least one of those, right?)

Hint: If you think that you don't. It's you.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, paulo said:

Phew.

For a minute there I thought I was gonna have to try and think of something nice to say about that weird looking relative........

(everyone has at least one of those, right?)

Hint: If you think that you don't. It's you.

Well….. that would be me. 

• Sad 1

Then there's the "bakers dozen" of basses:

LtoR: Alembic 1977 Series I, Rick 4003, American P-Bass with Quarter Pounder PUP, Players P-Bass, 1977 EB-3, Dano Longhorn, Squier Fretless Jazz, Custom 5 String, Variax, Hofner Ignite, Kala Uke Bass and Epi Jack Casady.

1956434558_AllInTheFamilyNew.thumb.jpg.4a3038b83845fa398dbe5fba588c82bd.jpg

And then..... the last bass I bought....

image.png

18 hours ago, Bapu said:

Then there's the "bakers dozen" of basses:

LtoR: Alembic 1977 Series I, Rick 4003, American P-Bass with Quarter Pounder PUP, Players P-Bass, 1977 EB-3, Dano Longhorn, Squier Fretless Jazz, Custom 5 String, Variax, Hofner Ignite, Kala Uke Bass and Epi Jack Casady.

1956434558_AllInTheFamilyNew.thumb.jpg.4a3038b83845fa398dbe5fba588c82bd.jpg

And then..... the last bass I bought....

image.png

Very Nice!

From left to right:

2018 MIM Fender Deluxe Strat, 2020 MIM Fender Deluxe Strat HSS, 2021 Fender American Ultra HSS (changed the pickguard), 2021 Fender American Ultra with 2020 MIM Deluxe neck, 2012 Squier Strat with Texas Hot pickups and grease bucket circuit.  

The American body and MIM neck Strat has an interesting back story. Found some guy who broke his American Ultra soon after he got it (how do you break a neck on a Strat?). Bought the body from him. Got the new in box Deluxe neck from Stratosphere. Added in v-Mod humbucker, gen 4 noiseless pickups, a S1 switch and a Ultra Trem. So it’s essentially a Partscaster. Essentially it pairs to things I like in the straits I’ve got. 12” radius neck of the Deluxe and the lower bout relief cut/tapered heal of the American Ultra .

56402B18-F55D-4823-B156-DC046E9AF6BF.jpeg

Edited by Doc H

29 minutes ago, Doc H said:

The American body and MIM neck Strat has an interesting back story. Found some guy who broke his American Ultra soon after he got it (how do you break a neck on a Strat?). Bought the body from him. Got the new in box Deluxe neck from Stratosphere. Added in v-Mod humbucker, gen 4 noiseless pickups, a S1 switch and a Ultra Trem. So it’s essentially a Partscaster. Essentially it pairs to things I like in the straits I’ve got. 12” radius neck of the Deluxe and the lower bout relief cut/tapered heal of the American Ultra .

My Tele is that too (Partscaster). I bought the body off ebay, purchased new Fender noisless pups and a '59 neck from Musicians Friend. Then my buddy who is a luthier put it all together. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1