Is there a simple way to change the length of an audio clip also affecting pitch?

marcL

Question

Is there a simple way to change the length of an audio clip so that the pitch is also affected? Something like running a tape recorder faster or slower (like it was available on my Tascam 38 recorder) or like it is available in Audacity (Change Speed ...).

Edited by marled

2 hours ago, scook said:

I think @abacab missed it.

Understandable, it is not a regular plug-in.

Time/Pitch Stretch 2 was part of the SONAR core install and only appeared on the Clip Process Effect menu.

Unfortunately, the new menu system does not pick up the plug-in.

@scook

I didn't miss it, because I wasn't actually looking for it. The scope of the effort was basically trying to cover the actual plug-ins. There are probably a few more things that Sonar core installed that were "features" rather than discreet plugins. Not covered on the spreadsheet either.

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

@scook

I didn't miss it, because I wasn't actually looking for it. The scope of the effort was basically trying to cover the actual plug-ins. There are probably a few more things that Sonar core installed that were "features" rather than discreet plugins. Not covered on the spreadsheet either.

Fine by me, I did notice other core features in the spreadsheet. Time/Pitch Stretch 2 is an odd one. It installs the same as V-Vocal in that there is no separate option to get the binary. It installs in the program folder unlike any other plug-in and is only visible on older clip Process Effects plug-in menus (this looks like a new menu bug to me).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scook said:

I think @abacab missed it.

Understandable, it is not a regular plug-in.

Time/Pitch Stretch 2 was part of the SONAR core install and only appeared on the Clip Process Effect menu.

Unfortunately, the new menu system does not pick up the plug-in.

Strange... it's appearing in the menu on my system:image.thumb.png.cf6986c01a04cea7019df2000b846fb9.png

38 minutes ago, scook said:

Try the Sort by Manufacturer and Sort by Type layouts

The DX doesn't show in those layouts or the right-click menus, only in the Sort by Catagory = Uncatagorized > Cakewalk > Time/Pitch Stretch 2 layout here

The Cakewalk Time/Pitch Stretch 2 VST shows in all my layouts and menus but does not load or work as it's 32 bit

[Program Files\Cakewalk\32 bit plugins\dxshell.dll]

BTW my menu layout is different than msmcleod's

11 minutes ago, sjoens said:

The Cakewalk Time/Pitch Stretch 2 VST shows in all my layouts and menus but does not load or work as it's 32 bit

[Program Files\Cakewalk\32 bit plugins\dxshell.dll]

BTW my menu layout is different than msmcleod's

dxshell is a DX to VST wrapper. It is not part of any Cakewalk distribution and is not all that reliable. Given Time/Pitch Stretch 2 is not a regular DX plug-in, it does not surprise me that it baffles dxshell.

For years the 64bit version of the plug-in installed in the SONAR program folder.

Prior to the new menu system the plug-in appeared in all 3 Process Effects "Sort by" layouts