Toontrack EZBass May

cclarry

i have trillian , toontrack , scarbee nad the one i love to use is modo bass lol also lately since i got it believe me or not but for simple bass line , korg triton has some convicing in the mix ones lol

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Yep. Save your money and buy Trilian.

FWIW to me evertime I hear a track where the author touts Trillian used for the bass the sounds seem really stale. Not the performance, the sound. YMMV.

3 minutes ago, Zo said:

i have trillian , toontrack , scarbee nad the one i love to use is modo bass lol also lately since i got it believe me or not but for simple bass line , korg triton has some convicing in the mix ones lol

Since you are dealing with a plugoholic I have triton and modo bass too.  Only one I’m missing is ezbass hehe. I’m glad there are balanced views so I can pretend I have some self control hehe

Hi I'm Bapu and I'm a plugaholic. I have most of the big name bass libraries except Trillian. I have 9 actual bass guitars and I've been playing bass for just 50 years now. As paulo will tell you, there's sumpin' wrong with this boy.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bapu said:

FWIW to me evertime I hear a track where the author touts Trillian used for the bass the sounds seem really stale. Not the performance, the sound. YMMV.

Whenever trillian is mentioned, 9 out of 10 people will bring up Charlie Puth’s song Attention that uses Trillian.  It is the go to song to try to win arguments hehe trillian has a lot of sounds that sound great in mixes and are ready to go with minimal processing.  It also has some that are not so great and are older.  Modo bass is really good.  I was thinking more and more about ezbass due to midi implementation. Seemed for quick sketching might be a good tool. 

34 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Since you are dealing with a plugoholic I have triton and modo bass too.  Only one I’m missing is ezbass hehe. I’m glad there are balanced views so I can pretend I have some self control hehe

Kevin it really depends , i like straight solid bass lines , no gimmick , motown was a perfect exemple , bass lines were simple but the most effective , versus those bass players that goes "hey , loook how i can play " , this is the difference bewteen  people that serves the track , versus those who serves their egos ....

So in the end if you need more technical playing and expression , ezbass is great , i like it for transiotion , slides ect kinda stuff or layering ideas , modo when i need to go fast , i made a motown pacth in modo , i go to like 90 of the time  !! 

• Like 1

James a genius , yep you're 100 % Bapu ... the guyz looked nothing fancy ..but a monster !!!

By the way i was watching after there heavyocity video : 

The mute (what i go for usually) are great .... here 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bapu said:

Just as well I don't post songs anymore then - Bapu would be killin' me every time with his bass sounds stale comments. 😁

I'm just happy to know that there is a plug-in that you don't own. Maybe there is still some hope for you.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kevin H said:

I was thinking more and more about ezbass due to midi implementation

TBH My initial comment was more to do with the TT customer experience rather than the product. I bought EZ keys way back when for the same reason but the truth is that I have never used it once the new toy smell wore off (didn't take long). With the improvements to the Omnisphere arp function that is also now part of Trilian it's pretty easy to quickly put down some pattern type thing to serve as a placeholder that can be edited or replaced afterwards once things develop. Whatever works best for the individual I guess, but for some time now I have found myself moving away from built-in midi patterns rather than towards them.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bapu said:

IMO James Jamerson and Bob Babbit were not simple players and they were the foundation of the Motown sound.

Some very good jazz guys playing that stuff. Lots of times that's what the really good ones do; make it sound simple. I know everybody has their opinion but the man said he's been playing bass for 50 years. I'd start from there.