Loom II

cclarry

• 4 weeks later...

So, has anyone had trouble running Loom II in Cakewalk?  Everything installs fine for me, but, after opening, it routinely crashes Cakewalk when clicking on the "Edit" tab in the synth.  Sometimes, it has the typical error message about crash dump etc, but usually it just closes Cakewalk and thats it.  Really unstable in my system for some reason.

I think this synth is great, but AIR has horrible customer service.  They have been no help and really dont care.  Kind of confusing that I bought it thru ADSRSounds, but made by AIR, so confusing about who to contact.

V

13 hours ago, a.t. vish said:

So, has anyone had trouble running Loom II in Cakewalk?  Everything installs fine for me, but, after opening, it routinely crashes Cakewalk when clicking on the "Edit" tab in the synth.  Sometimes, it has the typical error message about crash dump etc, but usually it just closes Cakewalk and thats it.  Really

Works fine here on my PC (Configured as per signature).

Opened, edited, went through patches,played.  No Crashes here.

If you contact support (Cakewalk or AIR) they are going to ask is everything up to date (Cakewalk, Windows, drivers, etc).

Edited by Promidi

On 5/21/2021 at 7:01 PM, a.t. vish said:

So, has anyone had trouble running Loom II in Cakewalk? 

I downloaded the demo from PIB a couple of years back and couldn't even get CW to recognise it before the demo period expired. CW just wouldn't pick it up on the VST scan no matter what I did. That's not totally unheard of with CW, but usually I can get around it by moving the .dll to a different location and adding that to the scan path. In the end I gave up as I only have so much patience when it comes to a demo that doesn't work. All the other AIR synths I have work fine, so no idea why CW didn't like this one. I can't try it again now as I guess it would go straight to demo expired mode given that technically I have had the demo installed before.

On 5/22/2021 at 3:31 AM, a.t. vish said:

So, has anyone had trouble running Loom II in Cakewalk? 

Remember Loom (and Loom 2) uses iLok for activation. It does not require a dongle as it can be software activated in the iLok licence manager.

Is it possible that you have not activated it with iLok?  This is definitely required.

Also, make sure you have the latest iLok manager installed.

That being said I have never had any issues with Cakewalk recognising synths (including Loom 2).  I do follow some rules when installing any plugin

I only have one folder location for my VST2 plugins, and one folder location for my VST3 plugins
I always choose a custom install - taking care to pay attention to where it installs the DLL files (Change if necessary)
I never install 32bit plugins, ever - only 64bit.  If a plugin is only 32bit - I stop right there.
If the plugin requires iLok activation (or even another copy protection type), I do that first - before even installing.

I have used VST Plugins for a while now. It’s extremely rare that Cakewalk does not “see” plugins.  If it does happen, it’s because I broke one of the above rules.

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

Remember Loom (and Loom 2) uses iLok for activation. It does not require a dongle as it can be software activated in the iLok licence manager.

Is it possible that you have not activated it with iLok?  This is definitely required.

Also, make sure you have the latest iLok manager installed.

That being said I have never had any issues with Cakewalk recognising synths (including Loom 2).  I do follow some rules when installing any plugin

I only have one folder location for my VST2 plugins, and one folder location for my VST3 plugins
I always choose a custom install - taking care to pay attention to where it installs the DLL files (Change if necessary)
I never install 32bit plugins, ever - only 64bit.  If a plugin is only 32bit - I stop right there.
If the plugin requires iLok activation (or even another copy protection type), I do that first - before even installing.

I have used VST Plugins for a while now. It’s extremely rare that Cakewalk does not “see” plugins.  If it does happen, it’s because I broke one of the above rules.

I do exactly as Promidi  does, except that I have 2 folders for VST2 plugins (both in my Cakewalk VST scan path).

I have been following those rules for many years, and Cakewalk ALWAYS finds my VST2 plugins. Yes, even AIR plugins (and you should always do the iLok thing first).

I have noticed that some plugin installers even attempt to default the install path to "Steinberg" or some other folder that is not in my scan path. So you have to pay attention, as was mentioned, by doing a custom install whenever possible.  The good news with VST3 plugins is that there is one universal Windows destination for them, and Cakewalk knows without being told to look in there for VST3 plugins.

But never, ever, ever put a VST2 plugin (such as AIR) in the VST3 folder. Cakewalk is PROGRAMMED to ignore any plugins in there that do not end with '.VST3'.

Edited by abacab