Mix With The Masters

cclarry

2 hours ago, James Foxall said:

I am a member and this money was money better spent than almost any plugin I've ever purchased.

This is a treasure trove of knowledge!

James in your experience, if you don’t mind answering, is it something where maybe in a year one can get through most material and eventually have enough fundamentals to maybe not have to justify another full year? Or is there enough new material or need to revisit VoD’s/seminars that one would plan to maintain a yearly  subscription to keep current?

Also, for the webinars and live sessions, since they have limited seating, do they go fast?

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

ther full year? Or is there enough new material or need to revisit VoD’s/seminars that one would plan to maintain a yearly  subscription to keep current?

Hi Kevin,

For me I think one year will do it.  There will be a lot I won't see because I tend to focus on a few mixers and there are MANY. If you want to get through everything then you're going to have to be consistent in your viewing. :)

The live sessions typically cost extra. I've done three - one with Chris Lord Alge, one with Schepps, and one with Brauer. That's where I met Brauer and was able to hire him to mix a song for me. They aren't cheap, but in my opinion they are worth every single penny. I register early but it seems to me the tickets didn't sell out super quick. 

You could reach out and ask them - they are great guys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Foxall said:

I think the bulk is rock and pop. Just a quick search shows me that Shawn Murphy and Al Schmitt have some videos related to orchestra. I didn't find any videos tagged with jazz, country, or EDM.

Alan Meyerson has a two hour series on mixing Hans Zimmer's "Pirates of the Caribbean".

Hey James, may I ask?

I am a hobbyist aiming to have a more structured pro-inspired approach. I am going through some videos from Pro Mix Academy. In your opinion, will this one bring me something complementary/redundant or way better? Thanks in advance!

I am not familiar with Pro Mix Academy but I haven't run across anything like the Deconstructing a Mix videos on MWTM. Seeing a mixer break down a song they mixed is unbelievably enlightening. It's very much real-world, in-context stuff rather than here's a kick drum let you show you how compression works.

Of all the training sites I've used, this one has been the best without a doubt - for me. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1