Novation Launchkey MK3 Has Landed!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

What controller do you have again?

I still use my old Yamaha workstation keyboard, which was a beast in it's day, but doesn't have the functionality required to make the most of VST instruments. For a while that didn't bother me at all, but once I came to realise that a midi controller keyboard was really the way to go, I soon discovered that there was nothing available that wasn't compromised in some way or other, so I delayed in the hope that somebody will provide one that isn't. I'd probably go for the SL3 if they made a 73/76 because the waiting gets old, but at the same time I would kick myself forever if I bought something that I didn't really want only to find that a week later somebody brought out the very thing I had been waiting for. The age old stick or twist dilemma, lol. I've been convinced for more years than I care to remember that buying a Roland A pro series would be a bad move because it's so old that there's bound to be a new version soon. Also, the side location of the various connections doesn't t work for me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok so I have the 49 key Launchkey MK3 version - after lots of hesitation almost buying the impulse - lots of flashing lights unfortunately the transport controls do not work in cakewalk - after contact with novation to see if I could do some type of mapping / patch, I  recieved this reply - "There are programs other than Ableton Live that you can use the Launchkey with, and control HUI functions, such as transport, and mixer controls. However, they utilize a pre-established protocol, called Mackie HUI. At this time, Cakewalk does not support Mackie HUI protocol, and you wont be able to control transport functions in Cakewalk."

I am kind of new to Cakewalk and have not been able to get transport up and running on the mk3. Cakewalk for me is a little more pleasing for starting out with no track limits (ableton has 4 in Lite mode) and the standard VST instruments and TH3 guitar amp stuff which I use a lot and like.

If Cakewalk was able to support this mk3  launckey keyboard family  without a major deep dive headache it would be a slam dunk you would probably get a lot more cakewalk users.  If you have any tips to get this up and running that would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2020 at 4:25 PM, cclarry said:

You got preset for Cakewalk?

On 9/9/2021 at 11:44 PM, wylde said:

Ok so I have the 49 key Launchkey MK3 version - after lots of hesitation almost buying the impulse - lots of flashing lights unfortunately the transport controls do not work in cakewalk - after contact with novation to see if I could do some type of mapping / patch, I  recieved this reply - "There are programs other than Ableton Live that you can use the Launchkey with, and control HUI functions, such as transport, and mixer controls. However, they utilize a pre-established protocol, called Mackie HUI. At this time, Cakewalk does not support Mackie HUI protocol, and you wont be able to control transport functions in Cakewalk."

I am kind of new to Cakewalk and have not been able to get transport up and running on the mk3. Cakewalk for me is a little more pleasing for starting out with no track limits (ableton has 4 in Lite mode) and the standard VST instruments and TH3 guitar amp stuff which I use a lot and like.

If Cakewalk was able to support this mk3  launckey keyboard family  without a major deep dive headache it would be a slam dunk you would probably get a lot more cakewalk users.  If you have any tips to get this up and running that would be much appreciated.

I have the 25key Launchkey MK3 version have you got transport or worked out to assign the custom knobs like the tempom and swing knobs i want to map them to a couple of  synthmaster EZ knobs