Two Notes End of Year Sale

cclarry

END OF THE YEAR SALE - CODE EYS2019

2019 is coming to a close. The decade too. Let us make it go out with a bang.
Save 40% on any pack available on the Two notes Store, now.
Use the code EYS2019 on checkout.

SHOP NOW

Offer ends 1st of January 23.59 pm (Pacific Time). Terms and conditions apply.

Some Two Notes packs by Celestion were on my shopping list, but while I was waiting for a discounted offer, I got rEvolution by OwnHammer and created MCabinet presets for it. Now, comparing TN cabs to OH+MCab  the latter wins.

Maybe I miss something about the WoS. Would appreciate any insights and thoughts about this plugin.

• Like 1

Many developers provide great IRs. The problem with IRs is their static nature. The reason I asked a question about the WoS is because I have no idea what the Variphi and Overload knobs do. Do they model the cab-speaker interaction, i.e, dynamics, or are they also some static settings just for the fun of it?

On 12/21/2019 at 10:34 PM, Soundwise said:

Many developers provide great IRs. The problem with IRs is their static nature. The reason I asked a question about the WoS is because I have no idea what the Variphi and Overload knobs do. Do they model the cab-speaker interaction, i.e, dynamics, or are they also some static settings just for the fun of it?

Here you are ;)

Variphi: The Variphi parameter is a one-of-a-kind control, exclusively found in the TORPEDO technology. It
allows you to modify the frequency content of the signal, using the properties of the sum of two signals
with different phase. You are emulating a situation where two microphones are used, and the Variphi
parameter controls the distance (hence the phase relationship) between the two microphones. To easily
hear this effect, we recommend to start with a crunch/saturated sound on your amplifier and change
the Variphi parameter. You will hear a periodic change in the signal with frequency modifications. Using
Variphi, you will fine tune the frequency content of the signal, whether you are looking for a "mid-scooped"
or a "full" sound. Note that this parameter is always working. The "OFF" position is not a 0 value, but a first
shift phase value between the first and the second virtual microphone

Overload: a loudspeaker is essentially a system designed to faithfully reproduce the sound transmitted by
the amplifier. However, a loudspeaker has some particular audio properties, including some dependent
to the power applied. The "Overload" parameter reproduces the natural saturation occurring when the
loudspeaker is driven too hard. At maximum value, you get the sound of a loudspeaker close to destruction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1