Programmed drums mix feedback needed

Marcello

Suggestion from an experienced drummer needed (rock/metal/punk) I recorded and mixed this track with midi programmed drums, can you kindly take a listen and tell me if they sound realistic enough or is there some artifact or things that doesn’t sound good? Could be timing, velocity, execution issues…
Ps: Im not a drummer 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZc3sAl0H351uL2bSaRWTj7u6oCd2nwr/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Marcello
  • Like 1

Historically I played drums in several bands, they sound reasonably authentic, you appear to have used some velocity variations. I find the vary velocity CAL a useful tool for that. WOuld I be right in thinking you have tweaked the hits to create some push and pull in the timing?

The mix gets a little chaotic towards the end making it hard to really tell.

Good try though most would probably not notice. 

Great production !  I'm not a drummer but really appreciate really hard hitting almost frantic drumming like on this. 

Always enjoy watching drummers doing stuff like this and the way they work themselves into an almoast trans like state. I thought the programming was very impressive as was the bass and  guitars. Loved the tone on the bass. 

curious what drum instrument you used on this ?   

Enjoyed it ..  mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2024 at 4:44 PM, mark skinner said:

Great production !  I'm not a drummer but really appreciate really hard hitting almost frantic drumming like on this. 

Always enjoy watching drummers doing stuff like this and the way they work themselves into an almoast trans like state. I thought the programming was very impressive as was the bass and  guitars. Loved the tone on the bass. 

curious what drum instrument you used on this ?   

Enjoyed it ..  mark

I used Native Instrument Studio Drummer

• Thanks 1