8DIO This weekend only: Epic Taiko Ensemble is less than $20!

cclarry

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Who has it?

I do. It’s one of the few really good libraries 8Dio have made, the others being the Claire and Greek Percussion ones. It’s well recorded, has lots of different tonal options and is extremely usable.

1 minute ago, jngnz said:

I do. It’s one of the few really good libraries 8Dio have made, the others being the Claire and Greek Percussion ones. It’s well recorded, has lots of different tonal options and is extremely usable.

It's one of those libraries I cant devote disk space too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

It's one of those libraries I cant devote disk space too.

Although this library is 1.15GB, which really isn't that large, instead of making that same post in every 8Dio related thread, you seriously should send them an email. I know that the 8Dio folks don't spend a lot of time on forums. If you contact them, there's a real opportunity to make your case -- and, as you know,  I'd love to see you succeed. I think it would be valuable if 8Dio offered "standard definition" versions of all of their larger libraries (they do this with some SoundPaint libraries, and frankly,  I've personally used that option). 

The 8Dio brand has always focused on "deep sampled" libraries -- AKA highly detailed libraries. For example,  their piano libraries contain pedal down samples and a good deal of velocities.  But that focus on detail also means these libraries are very large. I think now that they've lowered prices a great deal, and made their libraries much more accessible to hobbyists, there are many hobbyists who would trade the detail to have smaller file sizes. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Although this library is 1.15GB, which really isn't that large, instead of making that same post in every 8Dio related thread, you seriously should send them an email. I know that the 8Dio folks don't spend a lot of time on forums. If you contact them, there's a real opportunity to make your case -- and, as you know,  I'd love to see you succeed. I think it would be valuable if 8Dio offered "standard definition" versions of all of their larger libraries (they do this with some SoundPaint libraries, and frankly,  I've personally used that option). 

The 8Dio brand has always focused on "deep sampled" libraries -- AKA highly detailed libraries. For example,  their piano libraries contain pedal down samples and a good deal of velocities.  But that focus on detail also means these libraries are very large. I think now that they've lowered prices a great deal, and made their libraries much more accessible to hobbyists, there are many hobbyists who would trade the detail to have smaller file sizes. 

LOL I messed up my post.   I could fix it or treat is as sarcasm.  I bought it. 

• Haha 1