A Quest for Realism

I DO NOT have any rights to this composition.

Back in 2019 when I was teaching Composition, Editing, and Engineering to an online Zoom channel, I made up this little example as an ear training tool for my students. The piece has three turnarounds of the phrase, one is done live on my 1974 Alvarez 5063, and the other two are done with the Indiginus Renegade and NI Picked Acoustic (melody). I tried very hard to get the Vi's to sound 'real'... and it was tricky.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Like 3

Well, the samples are real, and it's composed and presented by a real person . . . real enough for me, enjoyed it !

Interesting that I "think" I can hear the difference between the Indiginus sampled and the real Alvarez guitar . . . I think it's mostly in the sustain of some notes. The composition alludes to a jazz guitar playing  staccato chord patterns . . . the real guitar seems to nail those staccato notes better, but a very subtle difference indeed, especially the way you've mixed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Joad said:

Not a bad little tune, it has that The Lovin' Spoonful Daydream groove😎

I would hope that you recognize "Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out"... was composed in 1923 by Jimmy Cox and the first recorded version was by Bobby Leecan that was released sometime around June 1927.

This version modeled after Eric Claptons style.

• Like 1