BandLab Expiration and BandLab Assistant coming up with a blank screen - can't register it again

when I opened Cakewalk yesterday, I got a message that Cakewalk registration was going to expired. I didn't have to deal with it just then. I opened it today and it opened with no message.

I went to the BandLab Assistant and opened it. It came up with a blank screen with no option to do anything. I want to be sure that my registration doesn't expiration. Can anyone give me advice on how to re-register or to fix the BandLab Assistant.

Thank You

BandLab Assistant cannot be used for authorisation any more as the old activation servers are no longer active.   Cakewalk by BandLab will automatically authorise itself when it needs to, assuming you have an internet connection.

For authorisation to work, you need to make sure you're running the latest Cakewalk by BandLab (2024.02 at the time of this post):  https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk#download

Offline authorisation can be done via the Cakewalk Product Center:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

BandLab Assistant cannot be used for authorisation any more as the old activation servers are no longer active.   Cakewalk by BandLab will automatically authorise itself when it needs to, assuming you have an internet connection.

Have bandlab bothered to email all the users to let them know this? Could avoid some hoo har

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

22 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

Have bandlab bothered to email all the users to let them know this? Could avoid some hoo har

I got notified on the forum 2 or 3 years ago.  However, before that no one from Cakewalk ever sent me an e-mail that SONAR was going out of business back in 2017, and no one from Bandlab ever sent me an e-mail in 2018 that they had resurrected the software.  It wasn't until after I had wasted money on another company's useless software (2019) that someone I knew online mentioned that Cakewalk was now being offered by Bandlab.

I could have save $150 and a whole lot of time trying to get the other DAW to work.  

Sorry, no pity from me that users of Cakewalk by Bandlab didn't know that Bandlab Assistant stopped being used for CbB years ago. 

4 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Go to Help>Legal . . .

If you do NOT see Activated by Cakewalk, go back to the help menu, 
help.jpg.a1d9a88310e83b813636ad8ab0989cd6.jpg
and Sign In to Bandlab.

Good advice for those forum members that missed it.

Edited by User 905133
fixed word placement ("that")
  • Thanks 1