Does Steinberg (Cubase) hears the drumbeat?

Posted (edited)

I don't know what is wrong with every company just offering both straight up, a Subscription and a Perpetual License and let the user buy what they choose, which is essentially what PreSonus has done, if you want a subscription you can buy it, if you want a Perpetual License you buy it.  I would surely be pissed off if they took away the Perpetual license, don't know if i would be pissed off enough to leave, but . . .

The only thing wrong, well one of with that Hybrid stuff from PreSonus is that you would have to pay again every year to keep your perpetual license up to date. With the 'real' Perpetual license I only have to pay ever 24 to 30 months (2 to 2 1/2 years) thus far, started 2015 on v3, its now 2024 on v6. Updates or upgrades whatever from 1 version to the next is only $149, which you can get much cheaper at dealers, I use Best Service, last one was $109, not bad for a couple of years+, not as good as REAPER though, but way better 😉

Edited by Heath Row

Noel B said:

"Yes there are plans to have purchase options outside of backstage pass which was intended to be the quickest way to get it right now.  When details of it are known it will be announced."

I interpret this, as there will be perpetual licenses available, same as with 90%+ with all other DAWs. Why would it be different? I believe the wait game does not benefit BL,  especially considering Gibson fiasco. They need to show they are different (better), particularly  since coroner pronounced the death of Cakewalk. 

CLARITY 

----

"No we ain't dead" 

That's a good thing. 

• Like 1

Fear not, I have just invested in a mobile Popcorn Station and have it parked right out the front of this thread.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLGRaNneIetCPXPZ7JIEF

Enough for all, cheap prices, no subscriptions here.👍

• Haha 2