Pro-54 FREE

satya

https://cmajor.dev/docs/Examples/Pro54/

The legendary Pro-54 by Native Instruments is reborn – in your browser! The DSP is a fairly direct port to Cmajor of an never-released internal C++ port of the original synth. The developers left most of the code structure, so expect nothing less than original sound. If your browser supports MIDI, you can use your keyboard to play the synth. Just couldn’t figure out how to use it fullscreen, did you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, satya said:

https://cmajor.dev/docs/Examples/Pro54/

The legendary Pro-54 by Native Instruments is reborn – in your browser! The DSP is a fairly direct port to Cmajor of an never-released internal C++ port of the original synth. The developers left most of the code structure, so expect nothing less than original sound. If your browser supports MIDI, you can use your keyboard to play the synth. Just couldn’t figure out how to use it fullscreen, did you?

well... two q's, wtf was it coded in originally if c++ was a port? (ignoring all the issues that a prot of basic code can cause) then, htf does someone record it into the daw while playing back the other tracks? (must be worse hassle than the recent spate of usb mics)... oh, third, who has the source code to migrate it to cmaj, if not ni?

40 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

htf does someone record it into the daw

Loopback feature in ur daw , or maybe Plugin Boutique Radio plugin would work , idk rest of the question 😅not a programmer

4 hours ago, satya said:

Loopback feature in ur daw , or maybe Plugin Boutique Radio plugin would work , idk rest of the question 😅not a programmer

It can be used as a plugin using their wrapper/loader. It apparently registers as an effect but midi can be routed to it 

• Like 1

I was so mad when NI discontinued Pro 53.  It was one of my fave VIs.  Never knew NI released the source code... awfully generous.  Good on them.

Edited by Lionel

1 hour ago, Lionel said:

I was so mad when NI discontinued Pro 53.  It was one of my fave VIs.  Never knew NI released the source code... awfully generous.  Good on them.

Hoping they do the same for Absynth - or perhaps hand the source code over to Rhizomatic / Brian Clevinger if he's interested in evolving it. Although Plasmonic seems to be the focus now.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Per Christian Frankplads said:

Could you share how to? I would like to get this working, since I miss Pro-53.

I have Ableton Live 11 on a MacBook Air M1.

Easy! You just load the plugin, then it prompts you to drag-and-drop a patch file onto it. It's a simple file

image.png.c3e496f9be0482711cfe1c6b237706e9.png

But you need to download the zip archive from Github and unzip it.

image.png.5747ffe7d622f6e45f4644080535cc9b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1