Arturia releases free "Analog Voyage" preset pack for Analog Lab

Solidos

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Are you asking about the successful sign in, but machine registration failure?  

Yes.

7 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I think it would be better to ask Arturia.

I know quite a few people here say that their support is good, so I can only assume that they just keep one bozo aside purely to reply to me in a way that suggests that they didn't even read the question, so I was hoping to avoid that particular form of self inflicted kick to the gentleman's area if possible. Plus it's the weekend, so asking here seemed worth a try.

Thanks for replying though.  Helpful to know that it's not just me.

In case anyone wonders....yes I have tried restarting everything and the outcome is the same.

28 minutes ago, paulo said:

I know quite a few people here say that their support is good, so I can only assume that they just keep one bozo aside purely to reply to me in a way that suggests that they didn't even read the question, so I was hoping to avoid that particular form of self inflicted kick to the gentleman's area if possible.

My experience: Sometimes they get it right the first time; sometimes they need to get info from others; sometimes there are no answers. 

I am sure that in 2023 they changed graphics libraries or services or something for Pigments so that the mini-displays no longer work on my PC with the hardware, chips, drivers, graphics card/software I have, but I gave up trying to get them to tell me what they changed and what the new minimum required specs are. 

So for a while, I used and older version of Pigments to tweak and design presets, but allowed Analog Lab to update (or vice versa).  But that was with Pigments 4 and to get the new features in Pigments 5 (and the new Sound Packs), I had to update both Pigments and Analog Lab.  

I suspect issues related to logging in, sync, activation, reinstallation, the routine use of ASC, has been asked so many times, they know the drill and can send out the right set of instruction, answer questions about those issue, etc.

As far as the kinds of things I needed to know, they tried to help and even elevated the issue to provide details about graphics cards settings / services. But I was unable to find out what was changed from the version that worked to the version that first stopped working or any ideas on what I needed to look to get a new graphics card.  

As I said, in my experience, sometimes they get it right the first time . . . .

I hope your current issue is in that category!!! 

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

As I said, in my experience, sometimes they get it right the first time . . . .

I hope your current issue is in that category!!! 

I guess there's always a first time for everything. 😀

Having looked online for answers it starting to very much feel like it could be the start of a long winded saga. Not sure it's going to be worth it for the sake of a few presets, but thanks for trying to help me.

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Yes.

I know quite a few people here say that their support is good, so I can only assume that they just keep one bozo aside purely to reply to me in a way that suggests that they didn't even read the question, so I was hoping to avoid that particular form of self inflicted kick to the gentleman's area if possible. Plus it's the weekend, so asking here seemed worth a try.

Thanks for replying though.  Helpful to know that it's not just me.

In case anyone wonders....yes I have tried restarting everything and the outcome is the same.

I must be that one for NI.

What's worse in other forums there are 10 posts of people telling you it works for them.  That's why I never bother with Steam forums.  I don't want to hear it's working for them because I want those experiencing the same misery I go through.   I guess that's the one good thing with Apple OS updates, it breaks for everyone in the DAW world.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

I hope my post has made you happy then. 😀

No. I never have an issue with Arturia Software Center.   I think when I had a similar issue the site was down or could be too many users.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

No. I never have an issue with Arturia Software Center.

I have issues with almost any Software Center! Maybe its me? 😆 

But often happen things that I don't expect or there is anything you cannot do (I've had 2 examples just today)!

And e.g. IMO it is darned cheek if a software updates itself without asking the user (Arturia)! I think some developers definitely exceed a limit, when they operate  your computer as if it was theirs!

3 hours ago, CSistine said:

I have issues with almost any Software Center! Maybe its me? 😆 

But often happen things that I don't expect or there is anything you cannot do (I've had 2 examples just today)!

And e.g. IMO it is darned cheek if a software updates itself without asking the user (Arturia)! I think some developers definitely exceed a limit, when they operate  your computer as if it was theirs!

This is starting to be a turn ff for me. I have over 20 of those things.  The issue I have with NI is no option to download direct even a Kontakt update without contacting support.  They also immediately delete your downloads.

One I have problems with it Izotopes and it's on a weak wireless connection.  If gives you that error Well This Is Awkward bit no error code to contact support.

Most companies give you the option to download from the web. 

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Most companies give you the option to download from the web.

Luckily!

But those that require you to use their Software Centers cause enough problems. In most cases there is a lot of configuration missing (e.g. as you said not to delete the downloaded files) and many things are not transparent, they leave you in the dark!

16 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't want to hear it's working for them because I want those experiencing the same misery I go through.

14 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I never have an issue with Arturia Software Center.

😀

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2024 at 9:28 PM, Hillmy said:

Are they using Reaper as the DAW? I really like that UI theme! I may just use it because it is better looking than Sonar, LOL!

Are they abandoning Ableton? Just asking for a friend 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣