Is there a way to cancel Melodyne's 30-day trial, since it's packaged in Cakewalk without having a Melodyne account?

Enderlight

Question

Recently, I got Cakewalk, and Melodyne 5 was packaged with it too, and it's the 30-day trial one, I haven't made a Melodyne account, and I want to cancel because I'm not going to sing, and also, I am younger, and I don't want to pay after, so I just want to cancel it. Is there even a way to cancel Melodyne 5 trial without having an account, or do you HAVE to make an account in order to cancel Melodyne 5 Trial verison.

Hope it makes sense for people, I am just wondering.

11 answers to this question

Thanks dude, I don't know if it's gonna help me, but I'll check the forum.

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

FWIW, I Googled "What happens if I don't cancel Melodyne Trial?" and the first link was to this forum thread.  I don't use melodyne, but maybe this thread has some useful information while you wait for a reply.

12 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

FWIW, I Googled "What happens if I don't cancel Melodyne Trial?" and the first link was to this forum thread.  I don't use melodyne, but maybe this thread has some useful information while you wait for a reply.

So, I don't think it helped, it doesn't really talk about how to cancel the 30-day trial, it just talks about other free plugin's other than Melodyne. I am sorry if I disappointed you.

My understanding is that when the trial period expires, the editing functionality is locked and it switches to Melodyne player which can playback only, and there is no charge. Therefore, there is no need or way to cancel your trial.
(If you want your editing functionality back, just purchase license and activate it)

FYI: If I remember correctly, in the previous version Melodyne 4, some functions such as "audio to MIDI conversion" were still available after the trial period ended, but they should not work after version 5.

Edited by HIBI

Audio to midi doesn’t require a Melodyne license. Never did. 
But the dialogue box to choose percussive or melodic doesn’t appear.  you can still open Melodyne and change that. So it’s a good idea not to uninstall Melodyne even though you can’t use the editor. 

Sorry I was unaware of this change with version 5.  
Most certainly worth upgrading. I guess all my computers have older versions of Sonar and Cakewalk so they probably install version 4.
I now have Studio 5 but it is only authorized on my main DAW.
The midi conversation definitely was working for me on all 5 of my other systems. Some are W7. But all have latest versions of CbB. 
I’ll have to fire them up and check. I probably need to update to this latest version anyways. 

Edited by John Vere

On 3/10/2024 at 2:49 PM, Enderlight said:

Recently, I got Cakewalk, and Melodyne 5 was packaged with it too, and it's the 30-day trial one, I haven't made a Melodyne account, and I want to cancel because I'm not going to sing, and also, I am younger, and I don't want to pay after, so I just want to cancel it. Is there even a way to cancel Melodyne 5 trial without having an account, or do you HAVE to make an account in order to cancel Melodyne 5 Trial verison.

Hope it makes sense for people, I am just wondering.

Just don't use it. Nothing catastrophic will happen. No one is going to take your money. When the "Melodyne update is available" message appears, just close it.
That's my strategy, although my voice could probably benefit from some correction. And it will work on sounds other than voice.

Welcome to the forum.