InterLok?

Michael Richard

Question

8 answers to this question

Not really sure that you have a 'new' system, as the 'intelLok(R) device drivers' are from an AVID PT install requirement from 10/11, the last of the 32bit systems, mostly for AIR plugins aka BF76 on WIN7. That error is a flag on WIN 10. 

You may have to clean out some old 32bit plugs first.

Thanks and curious indeed.

I am not aware of any DAW/VSTs/plugins installed. Only what CbB was installing.

Maybe going back to installing the latest (purchased) version Sonar Platinum and all its plugins before trying CbB would help?

My system is running W11 Pro latest update with i7 13th gen, 64GB of ram, multiple SSDs,..

Interlock?  Wasn't this a precursor to iLok?  I have never seen CbB needing any form of iLok or Interlock.

Check in Control Panel,  "Programs and Features" (Start + run appwiz.cpl ) to see if you have any old plugin installed.  There must be something on your PC causing this that is outside of CbB’s control.

Note: Windows 10 has a known incompatibility issue with really older iLok drivers.  They causes a blue screen (even in Windows safe mode.  Some older SONiVOX plugins were known to cause this. The only way out of that one (short of a full Windows clean install) is to boot from a CD Windows repair software and change “TKPD.sys” driver from “boot” to “disabled”. 

18 hours ago, Promidi said:

Interlock?  Wasn't this a precursor to iLok?  I have never seen CbB needing any form of iLok or Interlock.

Check in Control Panel,  "Programs and Features" (Start + run appwiz.cpl ) to see if you have any old plugin installed.  There must be something on your PC causing this that is outside of CbB’s control.

Note: Windows 10 has a known incompatibility issue with really older iLok drivers.  They causes a blue screen (even in Windows safe mode.  Some older SONiVOX plugins were known to cause this. The only way out of that one (short of a full Windows clean install) is to boot from a CD Windows repair software and change “TKPD.sys” driver from “boot” to “disabled”. 

Thanks. Followed your suggestion and checked in the Control Panel. Nothing DAW/VST/plugins related is on my system.

16 minutes ago, Michael Richard said:

Thanks. Followed your suggestion and checked in the Control Panel. Nothing DAW/VST/plugins related is on my system.

At what part of the installation does the error message "This software requires installation of the intelLok(R) device drivers and a reboot before running..." appear?

Are you sure “This software” is refering to Cakewalk by Bandlab? 

If Cakewalk by Bandlab is scanning your plugin folder, and it comes cross a plugin file that requires iLok (or “intelLok” , then I believe this message would appear.

There is definitely a file on you PC somewhere that is generating this message.  Start looking in your plugins folder.  It will ether be a DLL file or (less likely) a VST3 file.   Try C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins or any other VstPlugins folder.

I can categorically guarantee that Cakewalk by Bandlab itself does not need any form of iLok to install or run.