BFD3 - $49 at AudioPlugin.Deals (+10% off w/ TACO10)

Kirean

22 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

major bug problems

? not sure what you consider "major" bugs, but fwiw, BFD3 gets used extensively and pretty much exclusively here every day w/o any productivity issues. for our purposes, they have always had the highest quality and more importantly the -most useful- drum samples. everything else has been over-processed, too focused on specific genres, or just plain poorly sampled. cymbals in particular have been an issue, but BFD3 was also the by far first afaik with other features which make a difference (i.e. bleed, cymbal swells, tom resonance, etc).

that being said, -any- remote/time based accessibility "feature" is a showstopper for us.

sorta demoed SD2 in the past in other studios, but not in any great detail as the initial impression was just not very inspiring. however, a recent SDX for SD3 got my attention with a DW kit recorded in a space where i've done a number of sessions in the past. the audio demos are encouraging enough to justify giving it a full shot. don't see much value in the bazillion GB of 11.1 surround sound feature, but plan to explore them as an extra layer of ambience. ya never know...

and as always, jmho

If anyone has and uses 8 bit kit, I'd love it if you could explain how to get it not to sound like hot garbage. I bought it during the last sale, along with Dark Farm, and its just... wrong. Only 3 presets, and they didn't even show up until I messed around with the location of files. And when I load any of the kits its just set up so poorly, with levels flat across the board, distorted as all hell, just sounds bizarre. There's no info online about how it should sound, so I have no idea if it's meant to sound like someone with a microphone who went insane made a bunch of weird sounding drum sounds and only half got them to work in BFD before deciding screw it, I'm done, let's put this up for sale. 

4 hours ago, Craig N said:

If anyone has and uses 8 bit kit, I'd love it if you could explain how to get it not to sound like hot garbage. I bought it during the last sale, along with Dark Farm, and its just... wrong. Only 3 presets, and they didn't even show up until I messed around with the location of files. And when I load any of the kits its just set up so poorly, with levels flat across the board, distorted as all hell, just sounds bizarre. There's no info online about how it should sound, so I have no idea if it's meant to sound like someone with a microphone who went insane made a bunch of weird sounding drum sounds and only half got them to work in BFD before deciding screw it, I'm done, let's put this up for sale. 

The video below shows them sounding bad. 

However, in the comments below the video, someone says that the default sounds on another product sounded bad and it was because so much mix was going through the room, overhead, and ambient mics. Maybe try some changes there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

The video below shows them sounding bad. 

However, in the comments below the video, someone says that the default sounds on another product sounded bad and it was because so much mix was going through the room, overhead, and ambient mics. Maybe try some changes there?

Yeah I saw that and have tried playing with those, but with no reference to check against its impossible to know what it should sound like, which really limits the effectiveness. I probably should follow up with support - and see if there is any available under InMusic 🙂

3 hours ago, fret_man said:

Wait. These are 8 BIT drum samples, right? That's Commodore/Atari 1980 home computer level quality. Shouldn't we expect those to sound "bad"?

No. 8Bit Music is the name of the company that did the sampling. They were sampled at 24 Bit, 44.1 KHz. They were played with different items like a paint roller. That is what is supposed to make them unique.

Though maybe you knew that and my humour detector is malfunctioning.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Haha 2