Muze 12 Free Kontakt Instruments 40GB (Limited Time - 15th March)

MusicMan

On 3/6/2024 at 5:19 PM, MusicMan said:

It's the same as Bing, Cently, Honey and all the other extensions that check the prices on cart and try all different discount codes automatically to get you the lowest prices.when you're shopping online. That seems to be what Waya is which is pretty common.

That's what every one of them needs to function. Same as password managers, or anything that can fill in any forms.

The only question really is whether you trust them as a company. They're probably fine, but I just did it on a spare computer, cleared all browsing history, installed the extension, downloaded all the files, uninstalled the extension.

Really that just allows you to get to the next step which exposes the links which are all direct downloads.

I did consider posting the direct links for them here, but I thought I might get a strike or ruffle some feathers for doing so 🤣

I didn't spend time looking over all of the data Waya.deals collects, but I did visit their about us page (it doesn't list any names or any location about the company, which is pretty sketchy, although the contact info did show an address), I think the big concern that people should have with this business is trusting them with your personal and financial data, the sites you go to and what you enter at those sites, and then their data security procedures. Because even if you believe this company is legit, if you're giving permission to collect your personal data, they have to store that data and if their data security processes aren't solid and they end up getting hacked, you may find that data on the dark web.  But having tried Muse's libraries in the past, I can say, without question, it's low quality incredibly bloated sample libraries that are not worth the data transfer to your computer. You can do far better with free libraries from respected developers and the best libraries from Pianobook. There's really no need to download this stuff. It's excessively bloated garbage to be really blunt. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I didn't spend time looking over all of the data Waya.deals collects, but I did visit their about us page (it doesn't list any names or any location about the company, which is pretty sketchy (although the contact info did show an address), I think the big concern that people should have with this business is trusting them with your very personal financial data, the sites you go to and what you enter at those sites, and then their data security procedures. Because even if you believe this company is legit, if you're giving permission to collect your personal data, they have to store that data and if their data security processes aren't solid and they end up getting hacked, you may find that data on the dark web.  But having tried Muse's libraries in the past, I can say, without question, it's low quality incredibly bloated sample libraries that are not worth the data transfer to your computer. You can do far better with free libraries from respected developers and the best libraries from Pianobook. There's really no need to download this stuff. It's excessively bloated garbage to be really blunt. 

You're not trusting them with your financial data though. You simply clear all your browsing history, install the extension, download the files, uninstall the extension. No financial data is required to download the links. You don't even need to register.

As for Muze quality, I've heard mixed things but don't expect to be wowed. Still, simple enough to download and try in case there is one good one in there.

4 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

You're not trusting them with your financial data though. You simply clear all your browsing history, install the extension, download the files, uninstall the extension. No financial data is required to download the links. You don't even need to register.

As for Muze quality, I've heard mixed things but don't expect to be wowed. Still, simple enough to download and try in case there is one good one in there.

Yes, to clarify, I was refering to what would occur if someone uses the Waya tool. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yes, to clarify, I was refering to what would occur if someone uses the Waya tool. 

Got it, that makes sense then. You can also just disable the extension in between when using those things. I occasionally use Honey and Cently extensions which I do somewhat think are trustworthy enough, but I still leave them disabled all the time. Then I just open the cart page with them on in one browser and see if they find any discounts. Then I disable them and check out through another.

Not saying I would recommend leaving Waya installed though.

Edited by MusicMan

Hey, to those downloading and installing this, be sure to give a review after you try it out. I think the library I was once most hopeful for in this group was the Mellotron library,  which I got free years ago and found was extremely bloated and some of the samples, I recall,  weren't even from a Mellotron. If anyone's looking for some great free Mellotron libraries check out my free sample libraries threads.  I included a few of them that are gems.