Posthumous Stuff...

Rain

Something I wrote in the 90’s on an acoustic. Like everything I wrote back then, it was clearly inspired by the Beatles- I think maybe Glass Onion (the original version revolved around that Bm - G7 bit pattern).

A few years ago, I started working on it again and it changed quite a bit. I shot a quick video while I was recording a basic bass line idea. I may have posted it on the old forum.

Then a couple of weeks later I died.

But just as I was about to choose between entering Stovokor or meeting all my musical heroes in hell, a bunch of over-zealous doctors pulled me back down. I tell you, Hippocrates and his stupid oath better watch their stupid ghost ***** next time I croak.

Anyway, tonight I found myself working on that song again so I thought I’d update the audio part of the video - minus the live bass track obviously. There were little things that bugged me every time that clip popped in my feed.

I must say it feels a little strange. Almost as if I was working on my own posthumous release. A one point, I even thought I was a hologram and I started worrying that I was about to go on tour. I don't have any holographic clothes to pack...

Anyway, I realized that I’m like the poor man’s Ringo and Paul, working off of a poor man’s Lennon demos. I’m pillaging my own tomb, and Yoko doesn’t even seem to care. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Leadfoot said:

That was cool Rain! Great bass tone! I enjoyed it! Any vocals going on it?

Thank you for the kind words, man! 

Not so far. This is one of those songs which I'd originally planned of having my now ex-wife sing. I'll either have to reach out to another friend who's always willing to help or to sing it myself (meh). 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2024 at 11:31 PM, Rain said:

Not so far. This is one of those songs which I'd originally planned of having my now ex-wife sing. I'll either have to reach out to another friend who's always willing to help or to sing it myself (meh). 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, John Templeton said:

I like the vibe very much and the grunting bass contrasts nicely with the piano. I'd build something around that for sure.

I agree with this. Need to expand that a little.

• Like 1