File corruption resaving a file with melodyne

Hi, just a note here, I've recently had to resave some files to a new location, where I open the file, move the data to a new place on the timeline and then save to an altogether new location.

Recently, after doing this, the files won't open. They close right before they finish loading everything.

So, I open in safe mode and disable synths and plugins one at a time to find the culprit.

In all cases, it's been melodyne. I don't allow it to load the melodyne and the file opens fine.

There must have been some unconsolidated clips with melodyne on them. Normally, that's okay, but I guess it's dangerous to move any unconsolidated Melodyned clips to a new session. kind of strange. 

Just posting in case this helps someone else.

Cheers

Jono

make sense that Melodyne is looking for the separation files (might be in the separations folder under the project) or in the \Documents\Celemony\Separations folder.

as a general rule - render the Melodyne when you're done editing. you can always re-edit it later if you need to. if you're not sure, make a copy of the track first then edit that...

6 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

make sense that Melodyne is looking for the separation files (might be in the separations folder under the project) or in the \Documents\Celemony\Separations folder.

as a general rule - render the Melodyne when you're done editing. you can always re-edit it later if you need to. if you're not sure, make a copy of the track first then edit that...

For sure. So perhaps overwriting the melodyne folder within the project folder might allow it to open? (copying over the original folder, I mean)

Edited by jono grant
added sentence

I had a similar problem and I’m very good about rendering. There’s this little microscopic RX in the upper right corner of any clips that are not rendered yet. It took some hunting but I found this  one note of the guitar track above the one I had corrected. I guess it got selected too. But I didn’t render it. And because my new version can work on multiple tracks it wasn’t noticeable.  
I was just wondering why it didn’t show in the editor? I haven’t tried working on two tracks yet. I want to watch the videos first. 
It’s too bad Melodyne doesn’t warn you that you have unrendered files open when you close a project. 

Edited by John Vere