APD Deal: CloudBounce Lifetime Premium Plan - 95% Off!

cclarry

They've been repeatedly running this deal on ADSR and AudioPlugin Deals -- often for $99 USD -- for years. I've seen influencers that get a kickback promoting CloudBounce, but I'd be interesting in getting an objective review (that is,a real review -- one where the person giving the critique isn't financially compensated by CloudBounce). Can anyone here who's used CloudBounce give a review or link to an unbiased.uncompensated review? 

The Trust Pilot reviews of CloudBounce are often brutal. CloudBounce has a 2.3/5 average on Trust Pilot. But most of the terrible reviews focus on CloudBounce's subscription / repeat billing practices, which isn't relevant for a lifetime deal. Of course, I'm interested in the quality of the mastering the tool produces and most of the reviews that mention that are flattering, however, it's pretty much impossible to discern who has expertise to judge the quality of CloudBounce's mastering services. That said, I found one reviewer at Trust Pilot who claimed expertise as a mixing engineer is a case study in megalomania. It's pretty over the top, so I don't find it very reliable: 

"In my capacity as a discerning mix engineer for esteemed artists, I undertook the endeavor of mastering two tracks...My credentials as an academic engineer, boasting a track record marked by hundreds of millions of streams and sales, underscore the gravity of this critique...In summation, as a mix engineer entrenched in the upper echelons of the industry,...My counsel, rooted in experience and a commitment to the sanctity of artistic expression, is resolute..."

Umm. really??? Was it really too much to simply state your expertise with something like, "I'm an experienced pro mix engineer that's mixed hundreds of tracks over a xx year career with hundreds of millions of streams," and then give a review of the service?  Consequently, I have still yet to find a credible review from a non-compensated audio pro or a credible audio journalist. If anyone knows of one or more, please share it. 

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/cloudbounce.com

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Umm. really??? Was it really too much to simply state your expertise with something like, "I'm an experienced pro mix engineer that's mixed hundreds of tracks over by xx year career with hundreds of millions of streams,"

The language seems a bit over-the-top to me. That said, the reviewer's location is (supposedly) Netherlands; it might be an auto-translation thing? Or they could just be colourful.

In any case... I've always thought I have enough 'auto-finishers' like IK Multimedia's Lurssen Mastering, and various other plugins from PA and iZotope that I should probably use those (i.e. use the stuff I already have). Cloudbounce may (or may not?) be quicker, but it's not like I  personally have any tight musical deadlines; of course, those that do may feel differently.