T-here t' T-here

Wookiee

On 3/1/2024 at 1:36 AM, equality said:

Cool. I always find myself overwhelmed by the plethora of sounds available in vst-synths. I think you have done some great cherry picking, congrats!

Thank you, nice to know you found it cool. There are lots of sounds and most synths can make most sounds. But some are better at some than others the trick is to learn what each synth is good at. Then decide on what you are looking for, bass, lead, pad, purcussion, etc then limit your palette. Presets are good starting points, but always need tweaking to fit the tune and the mix.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 7:44 PM, jwnicholson78 said:

The combination of the sound choices and the pulsing rhythms is really well done.  Definitely has an epic feel to it.

Do you ever layer in orchestral sounds with the synths?  That would be a really tasty addition.

Jeff

Thanks for the listen. I considered myself a synthasist, meaning someone who makes music with synthetic instruments or synthesisers. Consequently I use synthetic strings etc. I don't have any sample libraries of Orchestral instruments, though I do have synths that have samples or particals of such instruments like the M1, Rapture Pro, Synclavier, and the samples on the M-Tron Pro IV from GForce and Melotron from Arturia. I use those if I want a more "realistic" instrument sound, but mainly I look for more synthetic sound. 

I belive it was Tomita who once said, try to get close when synthesising instruments but always add a twist, so the listener knows the truth or something similar. 

Again thanks for the ears, time and comments. 

• Like 1