FX

Audiothing

Outer Sapce

Moog

Moogafooger 
MF-105S
MF-108S

Boz Digital
David Bendeth +10dB Compressor (PC Version)

All other FX are those that came with S-Plat or CbB

• Like 5

Hi Wookiee . . . super symphony of synthesizers ! Lots of upbeat movement, with that air of danger lurking in the back, the familiar feeling we all know.

From there to there, and here to here, and there to here, and here to there, and everything in between.

Curious, are all the toys you list "in the box", or do you have a collection of old analog hardware synths in your studio ? (lurking in the back)

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KSband said:

This would be a good soundtrack for a movie. I quickly get overwhelmed by all the synth choices, there's too many, so I just hardly ever use them, lazy on my part.

Can be tricky to pick, I have over 200 soft synths, a few are the same synth just from different sources. I understand how easy it can be to be overwhelmed by them, all those intimidating knobs and sliders. Start with one and then learn it, soon you will understand that they are all much the same in how they do it and what does what. The difference is how the contures respond, the difference in the filters and resonance, what the oscillators are capable of. Then there is the modulation sources and destinations. Yep your right they are intimidating 😳 

Thanks for the ears, time and comments. 

• Like 1

I used to jam with a guy in the late 70's that had a Moog (I think) it had a bunch of sliders. It amazed me that he could do a repeatable sound on it, he was a weird dude and didn't seem super smart. Turns out he became a professor of theoretical math and I'm the simple one.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 4:31 AM, noynekker said:

Hi Wookiee . . . super symphony of synthesizers ! Lots of upbeat movement, with that air of danger lurking in the back, the familiar feeling we all know.

From there to there, and here to here, and there to here, and here to there, and everything in between.

Curious, are all the toys you list "in the box", or do you have a collection of old analog hardware synths in your studio ? (lurking in the back)

Thanks, nice to know you enjoyed. Regarding the synths I wish, but I am totally in the box these days, have been for the last few years. Still have some hardware but I suspect I will sell. I was pleasantly surprised by the value of some of it, like the JV1080 still worth what I paid for it originally. 

On 2/15/2024 at 12:04 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

This seemed like it was over way too fast.  Well done, mate!

Thanks Lynn, possibly , I was experimenting with those new toys that arrived during black Friday and around. 

Hi Wookiee .  Dark and foreboding indeed.  Also quite impressive. I echo the statements of KSband above.  I am overwhelmed by the number and complexity of synths, sounds and "toys"out there.   For me - it makes what you do all the more impressive.  Great stuff pal!

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 2:10 PM, Supa Reels said:

Very engrossing Wooks, would have liked to have had a build up to a drum intro to carry the instro to another level.  Didn't see the old Z3TA + 2 on the menu but I thought I heard it ?  🎧

Much Love

Steve

There are always options, the muse didn't bring me that one, thanks for thecears and time, no Z3TA +2 this time but there is always a future possibility.  Synths are picked at random sometimes other times because of their capabilities. 

• Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, Wookiee said:

There are always options, the muse didn't bring me that one, thanks for the ears and time, no Z3TA +2 this time but there is always a future possibility.  Synths are picked at random sometimes other times because of their capabilities. 

It's hard to find the correct sound with soo many at one's finger tips ... I have been experimenting with different kinds of sound plug ins ... not synths but  how compressors, reverb and mixing plugs and their content, involving sound acoustics, 'in the box' , actually affect the sound one is looking for  ... So I'm working on a bit of work that, apart from the kitchen sink, has it all LOL ... do I love mucking' around with musoes and getting new blood in the studio  ... .. .Yep keeps me sane . I think :D

Keep stayin' loose

• Thanks 1