where is there a list of PLUG IN's in a current project that are ACTIVE

to explain. I have checked all tracks, no other trillians exist now but I still see 2 inputs.

Progression:

Added a 2nd trillian Audio Track and I saw 4 inputs. I deleted BOTH audiotracks, now I see 2 trillian inputs.

they were labeled trilian-1 (first instance), trillian-2, trillian-3 (2nd instance) and Trillian-4  

Now with those 2 tracks deleted I see trilian-1 and trillian-2

Something is wacky with the input list???

trill.jpg

Edited by Bruce Gombrelli

22 minutes ago, Bruce Gombrelli said:

Can you just add synths to the synth view and NOT create a track for them? If true, that's is awesome. I can seriously improve my workflow.

Yes, although not having an input track to drive it, or an output track to hear it would lead to the question "what workflow"?

17 minutes ago, Bruce Gombrelli said:

It's obviously possible to have 2 synths assigned to a track, 2 in rack synth view and only 1 that shows up in the plug in in the actual track itself. 

AFAIK it is not possible to assign more than one synth to an output track, tho you can drive multiple MIDI tracks into a synth: ex; one for notes, one for controllers.
Check in the track manager for hidden or archived tracks.

According to the Synth Rack, there are two instances if Trillian inserted into the project: Trillian 1 and Trillian 2.  Please note that neither of those have parentheses around them.  I see both listed in the Output drop down menu in the track section: 6 and 16. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Gombrelli said:

I have 2 plug in's showing up in the routing list but there are not in any track???

I see that Track 12 (a midi track) is pointed to Trillian 1.  By any chance is Track 11 the audio track for Trillian 1?  To me it looks like you have a split Instrument track there, but maybe that's not what you did.  If you solo both Tracks 11 and 12 and have Track 12's echo button on, does Track 11 show audio coming from Trillian 1 based on the midi data in Track 12? 

My bad.  I got 4 inches from the screen and now see that Track 11 is an audio track, not the audio part of a split instrument track. 

What happened to the instrument track? Did you delete the Trillian 1 Instrument Track and put in an Audio Track there (either intentionally or unintentionally)?

UPDATE: I just tried this with another soft synth, and I get the folder and track solo buttons lit up the way you have them and the synth is still in the Synth Rack and the midi track is still pointing to the soft synth that I deleted and replaced with an audio track.

UPDATE 2: To turn the audio track (11) into an Instrument Track try changing the input track control widget to Trillian 1.

Edited by User 905133
To add details from a test run; To reference Tracks 11 and 12
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bruce Gombrelli said:

2nd question, It's obviously possible to have 2 synths assigned to a track, 2 in rack synth view and only 1 that shows up in the plug in in the actual track itself. 

Intantiating a VST instrument as an insert FX  in an audio track is supported in CbB for compatibility with legacy projects that used that architecture before the Synth Rack was implemented, but it's not the preferred method now, and can actually lead to issues such as stuck notes among other things.

You can insert a synth in the rack without associated tracks being created either by clicking the + button in the synth rack or by Insert > Soft Synth in the main menu and unchecking the options to create tracks. When an Audio track has a synth output assigned as Input, it becomes a Synth track.

Or you can insert an 'Instrument' track which is a combined MIDI an Audio track with an associated synth connecting them. An Instrument behaves like an Audio track and shows mostly Audio controls (other than the Input which is a MIDI port/channel). You can access all the 'hidden' controls of an Instrument track via the MIDI and Audio tabs at the bottom of the Track Inspector. Instrument tracks can help simplify your project. You can convert existing separate MIDI and Synth tracks (one of each) into an Instrument track by right-clicking one of the selected tracks and choosing Make Instrument Track.

And, finally, note that it's also possible to create one Instrument track per output of a multitimbral synth.

You can read up on all of this in the Ref. Guide.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 2