PRV - Moving notes - disable a helper?

Greetings everyone! I hope your holiday season was great.

I have a question about moving notes in PRV. I suspect my version is close to current.
Often, when I grab a note to move it, it jumps way off to the right as opposed to just staying still so I can move it where I want.
It's not the typical snap to grid. I know that one and that's OK.
Is there some kind of "helper" trying to tell me where it thinks I want the note to be?
If so, then how can I disable it?
If it's not called a helper then what is it, and how do I turn it off?

Thank you!

Steve

2 hours ago, Giorgio Gabriel said:

As far as I know, in Piano Roll View if you move a note holding SHIFT, the note will be moved changing its pitch and preserving the position.

However I didn't understood exactly the problem you are describing.

Regards,

Giorgio

Thanks Giorgio - yes, I'm aware of shift to lock position in time while moving vertically.
Shift also locks pitch when moving a long distance along the time line forcing a maintained same pitch.

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Don’t forget there’s snap settings in the PVR as well as the ones in Track view. 
Snap is the only thing I can think of that would do that. 

Thanks John,

I'll have a look at the snap settings. I may not have ever tweaked them in CbB and there might be something I've overlooked.

Hi Greg,
Yes. the N key. I'm totally familiar with what I'd call *normal* SNAP functionality, in PRV and also Track View, and how to change the resolution in both.
I usually have it set to Snap To and Measure in Track view and Snap To and 1/16 or 1/32 in PRV - depending on the song. Sometimes it's 1/16th or 1/32 Triplet when swinging. When I'm moving notes or groups of notes in PRV that need to maintain their real time 'off the grid' performance I'll set it to Snap BY but always go back to Snap TO after a move like that.

> > I was thinking that possibly it's a NUDGE setting? < < 

As best as I can describe it right now,
what happens is that when using the Smart tool, and (I believe) when snap is disabled, and my intent is to slightly move the note a little bit to the left, as soon as I push down on the note and begin to move it, it leaps to the right - seemingly (a guess here) about the distance a 1/4 note or more.
I'm usually zoomed in quite a bit so possibly seeing less than a full measure on the screen, so that automated jump to the right is very jarring.

Maybe this better description will help someone know what I'm hoping to disable?

You may also want to have a look at the <Preferences><Customization><Snap to Grid> settings (you MUST have a project open to see this in Prefs, as it appears to be Project Specific).
I have had to play with this many times before I got it to where it was comfortable for my workflow, and then saved it in my project templates.
Untitled.png.4cb38ec54d1b1ffa9207c30891dcebe9.png

2 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

You may also want to have a look at the <Preferences><Customization><Snap to Grid> settings (you MUST have a project open to see this in Prefs, as it appears to be Project Specific).
I have had to play with this many times before I got it to where it was comfortable for my workflow, and then saved it in my project templates.
Untitled.png.4cb38ec54d1b1ffa9207c30891dcebe9.png

Thank you!
That would seem like it is what needs changed. I set it to about 50% and saved the project.
Time will tell over the next few days.

3 hours ago, David Baay said:

Only one lane in the track? If you can strip down a copy of the project to just that track and still  reproduce it, you might share that so we can try it.

Typically 3 to 4 lanes.
CC07 - CC11 - Velocity - and sometimes CC21  . . . but I think OutrageProductions has found it so no need to post an example here.

Thank you!