What are you using as your Studio Monitor Controller

jesse g

11 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

Are you sure you clicked the right emoji button? 😮

No sure, but I sure hope I did after watching the last video.  It's a  newer model in the video, but spraying it with contact cleaner should work.  

image.png.4ca137a7389124272cb7d45870bebb4f.pngMy DeoxIT was just deliverd,  whoohooo!

That second video you posted is very well done. The only thing to note is he used needle-nose pliers on the jack nuts on the face... it is much better to use a ratchet (or even adjustable wrench in a pinch) on those so you do not scratch them (same for guitar tuners if you ever pop them out).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

It looks like you're giving us the finger. 😁

Ooops, sorry, I didn't have my glasses on, I thought it was the thumbs up emoji.

Great news, It's fixed!!
Doing what was done in the video to fix the Big Knob worked!!   There is no more static or crackle sounds coming from my Big Knob controller. The music is coming from both sided of all 3 sets of monitors evenly.   

Thanks for some of the great suggestions on which DeoxIT to purchase and how to apply it to fix the problem. 

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 11:39 PM, John Templeton said:

Forgot to ask how you fixed the output jacks that were cutting out.

John,

I used a Q-tip and sprayed DeoxIT 5 on it and wiped the insides of the output jacks.  I also wiped DeoxIT on a 1/4 in male jack and placed it in the Output jack and twisted it back and forth and pushed it in and out to touch all of the contact points inside.