SAMSUNG 990 PRO M.2 2280 4TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 2.0 V7 V-NAND 3bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V9P4T0CW. W/Heatsink

cclarry

45 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Been needing one of these for months!  Had to remove many unused Kontakt lib's from my 2TB just to update NI. Alas, still can't afford one.

Make sure your system supports 4TB chips before you purchase, many don't.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Make sure your system supports 4TB chips before you purchase, many don't.

I believe this model may be true “single-sided”, which is required in some laptops. Others 4tbs have claimed to be true single -sided, but haven’t  quite fit the bill. I guess we’ll see.

4 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I believe this model may be true “single-sided”, which is required in some laptops. Others 4tbs have claimed to be true single -sided, but haven’t  quite fit the bill. I guess we’ll see.

That's true but I was referring to the issue where a lot of laptops that are 2 or more years old (and probably some newer ones) just don't support M.2 chips that are larger than 2TB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TheSteven said:

That's true but I was referring to the issue where a lot of laptops that are 2 or more years old (and probably some newer ones) just don't support M.2 chips that are larger than 2TB.

That too 😁