Tracktion Outersect Modeler Physical Modeling Synthesizer for $90.30

cclarry

21 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

In the past year, I acquired A|A|S Chromaphone 3 and VS-3. I really love A|A|S' engine. I wish they'd do a drum machine based on it.

True. 
Chromaphone is one of my island synths. 

On 1/6/2024 at 6:39 AM, Barrie said:

Seems this has quite a history of development...

https://outersect.net/modeler/

Rob Rayle's second Outersect CD, God Love the Fool, was released April 20, 2010 on Beats and Pieces records, Israel. The CD makes extensive use Kyma and of the Outersect modeler, a set of microsounds for the Capybara that were coded by Rob Rayle to emulate the expressive characteristics and modes of acoustic instruments using a small number of simple parameters that relate directly to the actions of real-world players. 

Please do NOT judge the current version of the modeler by the content of that ancient page ...

(which BTW I have just deleted so it is no longer accessible).

I revived an old website in conjunction with the current modeler release & basically forgot that old page was still there.

That was a description of an earlier version of the modeler that ran only on the Kyma Capybara - which is out of production.

That was late 90s/early 2000s technology.

Take a listen to the current version if you are interested in modeling.

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by Rob Rayle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Rayle said:

Take a listen to the current version if you are interested in modeling.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the post & information (and welcome to the Cakewalk forum).
Your new synth does indeed look interesting and worth checking out.

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

if you are open to it may I suggest a concise demo video (no talking) maybe showcasing some of your best presets in modern contexts?  I think would help someone like me understand how to use the plugin today and would  highlight its potential against other options.  I’m sure a lot of work went into this plugin so wishing you best of luck on its success..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kevin H said:

... may I suggest a concise demo video (no talking) maybe showcasing some of your best presets in modern contexts?

I will be creating something like that very soon ...

• Like 4