S-Gear v3.2.0 +WAH THING

Jesse Bruce

https://www.scuffhamamps.com/download/s-gear-v3

I'm happy to announce that S-Gear v3.2 is now available for download and includes the WahThing pedal. This update is FREE if you have a license for S-Gear v2.9 or later. It's been a joy to develop this pedal and I'm very happy with the final result. I warn you that playing with the WahThing is highly addictive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mike Scuffham is an engineer at Marshall Amplification who was involved in the development of the JMP-1 MIDI preamp.

In the phase inversion test, NAM captured more accurately than ToneX.

Ultimately, however, the IR is the tone-defining element, so you need an IR loader that reproduces the same dynamic behavior of the input from the amp head.

For example, BOGREN DIGITAL's IRDX and Softube's Celestion Speaker Shaper attempt to reproduce similar behavior.

Edited by Jesse Bruce

18 minutes ago, Jesse Bruce said:

Mike Scuffham is an engineer at Marshall Amplification who was involved in the development of the JMP-1 MIDI preamp.

This is well known and certainly not news to many here.

19 minutes ago, Jesse Bruce said:

In the phase inversion test, NAM captured more accurately than ToneX.

Ultimately, however, the IR is the tone-defining element, so you need an IR loader that reproduces the same dynamic behavior of the input from the amp head.

For example, BOGREN DIGITAL's IRDX and Softube's Celestion Speaker Shaper attempt to reproduce similar behavior.

Whatever, TONEX just sounds and feels better to me, I stopped using S-Gear many years ago, long before TONEX, in fact I never really used it, it done nothing for me. I kept updating/upgrading, checking the new versions out, but that's about it. I own many IR loaders etc, including the stuff mentioned above, however I prefer to use other solutions with my choice of 3rd party IR's.

Like I said, I couldn't care less about that whohar, to me TONEX just sounds and feels better, much, much better, and what sounds and feels better to me is what I'll use, when I find something that to me is better, I will use that.YMMV

25 minutes ago, heath row said:

Whatever, TONEX just sounds and feels better to me, I stopped using S-Gear many years ago, long before TONEX, in fact I never really used it, it done nothing for me. I kept updating/upgrading, checking the new versions out, but that's about it. I own many IR loaders etc, including the stuff mentioned above, however I prefer to use other solutions with my choice of 3rd party IR's.

I prefer Guitar Rig for the same reason - the sound inspires me to play. That's the bottom line in my book. I have a few products, and I DO utilize them secondarily, but my main jam is Guitar Rig.