VI Labs 30% Off Holiday Sale!

cclarry

Note that their pianos run in the free UVI Workstation or Falcon. Their pianos are exquisite, especially the Ravenswood 275. The only one I don't own yet is the Modern U upright. I've got some other really good uprights and I just can't seem to pull the trigger on this one at over $100 on sale, no matter how good it is.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Note that their pianos run in the free UVI Workstation or Falcon. Their pianos are exquisite, especially the Ravenswood 275. The only one I don't own yet is the Modern U upright. I've got some other really good uprights and I just can't seem to pull the trigger on this one at over $100 on sale, no matter how good it is.

If you buy the Modern U, it's the be all-end all of uprights (with possible exception of VSL Bosie 130)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

Hi @John Maar.  I saw your post and recalled recently doing a search on pianos at Knob Cloud and seeing several VI Labs pianos come up as results. Consequently, I just did another search to see if I could find the piano you're looking for and found that someone is trying to re-sell their license for Modern U, asking €100.

I've only made two purchases on Knob Cloud (both from the same seller and everything went smoothy). I paid his asking prices, but I have read posts on this forum that people have successfully made lower price offers. I did make a lower offer on one item and the seller came down €15 on their asking price. You can always ask the seller if they'd accept a lower bid and offer them what you think is a fair price, say €75. It is a license transfer and should sell for significantly less than a direct sale price from the developer.

Anyhow, I just thought it was worth sharing.  

https://knobcloud.com/item/99321

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Modern U and the VSL Bösendorfer really don’t sound like uprights to me. More like baby grands. Maybe because I'm too much of a Thelonious Monk fan, so when I hear „upright“ I'm thinking more „grandpa's living room“ than what you would usually find on a stage.

My favourite upright is actually the extremely affordable Fluffy Audio MyPiano that goes on sale for like $9.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jngnz said:

Modern U and the VSL Bösendorfer really don’t sound like uprights to me. More like baby grands. Maybe because I'm too much of a Thelonious Monk fan, so when I hear „upright“ I'm thinking more „grandpa's living room“ than what you would usually find on a stage.

My favourite upright is actually the extremely affordable Fluffy Audio MyPiano that goes on sale for like $9.

I use the U4 Upright in Pianoteq a lot. It has 25 different upright presets, including "a la Monk" 👍

One thing that is fun with the Pianoteq is to load the "Tacky" preset into one instance and the "Honky Tonk" preset into a second. I map the Tack piano to the right hand and the Honky Tonk piano to the left. Loads of fun. I learned that trick in high school in '67 from the brother of Tim Davis, who was a drummer and cofounder of the Steve Miller Band. He had put large, unpainted tacks on the middle C and up hammers of the school's upright in the lobby across from the auditorium and would play during class breaks and lunch. Really sounded cool. Boogie woogie, baby!

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 2