McDSP re-ignites it's BF/CM sale with top 5 products significantly discounted.

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I was interested in McDSP's stuff a while back but then I read other forums and realized I didn't want to pay extra for bug fixes.

I never liked them because they only allowed one activation/machine, so I would never buy anything from them.

Seems they recently changed that when I checked.

As of v7, our licensing policy is two iLok authorizations per product purchased. This lets you use a single v7 license to authorize each of your two systems

I still think I don't like them anyway now 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Of all the Plugin vendors out there this one, for some unbeknownst reason, never interested me...

Maybe it's the green, IDK...LOL

Maybe it's that for me too 🤣

I have heard some praise for a few of their plugins, but not many people rave about them. I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

Of all the Plugin vendors out there this one, for some unbeknownst reason, never interested me...

Maybe it's the green, IDK...LOL

Maybe that for a long time they were Mac only and obnoxiously proud about that?
Eventually the lure of cash for creating Windows versions of their plugins won out.

I like & appreciate MACs (I own a couple), just don't care for the attitude of many of their cult users
Working in corporate IT, I'd run into that a lot. Many of these same people had to have boot camp installed on their Macs because they couldn't do their jobs without multiple Windows applications.
I don't care what you use, Mac, Linux or Windows, if it does what you need it to do - then more power to you; if not then maybe you're an idiot for letting your pride get in the way of your productivity.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Although it shouldn’t necessarily matter, products are often associated to the kind of buyers they attract. Which is the main reason why I never owned an Audi, BMW or Mercedes, even though these are quality car brands. I did go Apple all the way, primarily for the hardware-software integration. 

• Like 3