Rebelle 7 (Pro) Pre-Order 80% OFF

user4325874

landing-page_logo_rebelle-7-80-off_v13.webp.4f1411d2a33a09006d0131eaabc3387a.webp

rebelle-7-pricing-table_v3.webp.6e59c92722f0138ddb27451c9f6bf282.webp

https://www.escapemotions.com/shop

What's New in Rebelle 7?

Metallic materials: Create beautiful lifelike-looking metallic strokes and structures, paint with gold, silver, emerald, and other colorful and shiny surfaces.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzeCur4KQzr/

Enhanced brush tools: Dive into a more dynamic painting experience with improved brush tools. We prepared new types of grunge and scumbling brushes providing an even more versatile creative workflow. Enjoy redesigned dry tools that even more realistically mimic traditional mediums like pencils, charcoals, or pastels.  

Improved paper and art surfaces: Drawing and painting now feel even more natural thanks to improved paper surface analysis based on raytracing. While painting on paper, instead of scratching on darker paper parts, Rebelle analyses the paper surface and uses its actual bumps and heights.

rebelle-paper-surface_normal.webp.2b3a7ff338d043367f8bf766b6fa64e9.webp

Structures: Get creative with versatile structures to add more in-depth patterns under your wet or dry paintings. You are not limited to one paper in the background anymore, but can interactively play with various structures.

Ruler tools: Line, ellipse, and perspective tools with new options will be at your disposal in the newly redesigned Ruler panel.

rebelle-7-ellipse_normal.webp.7b0373fcbb9513b78c88be4256accda2.webp

Paths: Import any vector object in SVG file format and easily paint over it to create various symbols or patterns.

Filter layers: Use color correction filter layers that allow you to make various adjustments to your artwork without directly altering the original layer.

Patterns and Gradients: Fill selected areas with patterns and styles, or create color transitions with the new gradient tool.

Native Apple Silicon (M-series) compatibility: Rebelle 7 is fully optimized for Intel, AMD, and ARM64 architecture for Apple macOS M1, M2, and M3 chips. Rebelle 7 has been optimized to ensure a responsive and efficient painting environment.

There are even more features coming to Rebelle 7 so do not miss our next blogs where we introduce them in more depth.

b739f76e.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, user4325874 said:

Metallic materials: Create beautiful lifelike-looking metallic strokes and structures, paint with gold, silver, emerald, and other colorful and shiny surfaces.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzeCur4KQzr/

I must say, that metallic look is pretty friggin awesome.

For those unfamiliar with Rebelle, it is a painting program that started with watercolor realism (still by far the best for watercolors because of this) and expanded into pretty much every other painting medium (thick paints, acrylics, oils, etc.). A typical Pro upgrade (yearly) is roughly $50 for owners of the Pro version, but AFAICT this intro price is for everyone (no need to own anything from them to get it). It is also very likely for most users that there won't be a compelling need to upgrade.

Side note: As with all painting/drawing programs, a stylus is highly recommended to get full use from the application. While there are many things you can do with a mouse, others like pen tilt and pressure require a stylus to use. Applications such as this require an input medium (stylus) that the app can interpret as a "brush" to render the realism of painting/drawing.

• Like 1

Out of all the Black Friday deals out there, this one for the upcoming Rebelle 7 pro at such a reduced price is the one that interested me the most. 

I had occasionally looked for a deal on Rebelle6, but when a pre-order Rebelle 7 pro presented itself this morning, I did jump on it!  Yes, I will need to wait for three weeks till the release date, but I don’t think I will find a better entry into the Rebelle world than this. 

and yes, I split my hobbies into the recording of musical notes and the recording of the swipes of my paint brush!  

Edited by balinas
Clarification

1 hour ago, balinas said:

Out of all the Black market deals out there, this one for the upcoming Rebelle 7 pro at such a reduced price is the one that interested me the most. 

I had occasionally looked for a deal on Rebelle6, but when a pre-order Rebelle 7 pro presented itself this morning, I did jump on it!  Yes, I will need to wait for three weeks till the release date, but I don’t think I will find a better entry into the Rebelle world than this. 

and yes, I split my hobbies into the recording of musical notes and the recording of the swipes of my paint brush!  

Painter 2023 at Humble Bundle is also $30.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have been playing around with the metallic paint in this and it is just so incredible it cannot be put into words... more the "Wow" reaction over and over. Some quick tips for folks allergic to RTFM here (the metallic paints are only available in the PRO version):

1. Metallic paints need a metallic layer to get full effect (the diamond icon in the layer panel).
  2. The metallic effect only works with Acrylics and Oils, and the metallic-specific brush set is at the bottom of the brushes.
  3. The Flat 2 brush gives the best texture effect (what is used in the demo video in the OP).
  4. Some reworking (blending, wetting, etc.) or over-painting actually degrades the metallic effect, so be conscious of the Re-Wet setting in Visual Settings (low, or even zero will prevent the metallic paint from being disturbed).
  5. The Visual Settings window is also your friend... control of the metallic materials properties is at the bottom. That window is a good one to leave open while working anyway, and is a good playground to test paints.
  6. BEWARE (this may be huge for some folks): I left paints wet to try out different things and was going to town playing around. RAM usage started to hit upwards to 16GB, and I was just working on an 8.5 x 11, 300 dpi canvas. The more paints remain wet while working, the more RAM is required to react to additional brushwork as it dries (almost a "real-time" effect here). Again, Visual Settings can be your friend to make the paints dry quicker (or dry them manually). Quick followup on this guy... there is no option to control undo history in the app (it is app controlled), but from the manual: "The number of undo steps depends on your computer's memory. The maximum number of undo steps is set to 30." The "Undo History" count causes significant performance issues in media-related programs, so I went hunting for that just to check, but that app itself will remove undo history count based on your computer's RAM availability. So this is actually not an issue.... the memory requirements of the app are fairly low (4GB (16GB recommended), and a graphics card with 1GB (2GB recommended)), so the app dynamically keeps things "within bounds" for your specific machine by lowering your undo history automatically. (I also posted this a couple comments below).
  7. Again, a stylus input is highly preferred to get optimal use from the application.

I actually ran across this old video while researching metallic paints (there aren't any yet for that), and even though it is from Rebelle 5, the first few minutes is a nice breakdown/description of what makes Rebelle unique in the painting-applications world (a big part is because their start was with watercolor realism).

Edited by mettelus
  • Thanks 2

The above video was linked in the Rebelle 7 manual (go figure, since it is from version 5), but there is a new feature video out. I have not tried some of them yet, but the new version has better tracking of paper/paint height which will allow embedding "structure" into the paper itself from another image (roughly the 5-10 minute section of the video below).

New feature marker list for the video below are (I bold-faced the more impressive new features features):
     0:00 Introduction
     0:25 Metallic Materials
     2:53 Color Panel
     3:18 Metallic Materials Demonstration
     4:45 Improved Art Surfaces
     7:59 Structures

11:43 Fill and Gradient Tool
     12:25 Improved Ruler Tool
     13:40 Filter Layers
    14:43 New in Brush Creator
     16:14 Redesigned Wet and Dry Media
     19:20 User Interface Updates

• Thanks 3

I just watched the video on Rebelle 7 Pro referenced by mettelus above.  Awesome new features! AND just downloaded and installed my copy of Rebelle 7 Pro.  A few new things to learn, but it will be well worth the time.  Rebelle 7 pro does quite a few things that Corel Painter 2023 doesn't do, like the Metallic materials and something they call 'Structures.' I also love the way Rebelle handles watercolors.  Hands above Corel, in my opinion.   Of course, Corel Painter 2023 does a few things Rebelle doesn't.  

You can save your works in progress in Rebelle to a photoshop PSD file.  As to how Rebelle's new features translate into either PaintshopPro or Corel remains to be seen.  

Besides the great intro price, another reason I am slowly migrating to Rebelle 7 Pro is that I had read there is a strong possibility that Corel Painter 2023 maybe the last version of Painter for quite a while.  

One more compressor to round out my collection to over 100, or a nicely discounted Rebelle7 pro?  Some Black Friday decisions are so difficult, but I think you all can guess which one I choose!🫠

36 minutes ago, balinas said:

One more compressor to round out my collection to over 100, or a nicely discounted Rebelle7 pro?  Some Black Friday decisions are so difficult, but I think you all can guess which one I choose!🫠

This will help you make up your mind - the Rebelle 7 discounts ended yesterday :( 

On 12/15/2023 at 1:50 AM, mettelus said:

BEWARE (this may be huge for some folks): I left paints wet to try out different things and was going to town playing around. RAM usage started to hit upwards to 16GB, and I was just working on an 8.5 x 11, 300 dpi canvas. The more paints remain wet while working, the more RAM is required to react to additional brushwork as it dries (almost a "real-time" effect here). Again, Visual Settings can be your friend to make the paints dry quicker (or dry them manually).

Quick followup on this guy... there is no option to control undo history in the app (it is app controlled), but from the manual: "The number of undo steps depends on your computer's memory. The maximum number of undo steps is set to 30." The "Undo History" count causes significant performance issues in media-related programs, so I went hunting for that just to check, but that app itself will remove undo history count based on your computer's RAM availability. So this is actually not an issue.... the memory requirements of the app are fairly low (4GB (16GB recommended), and a graphics card with 1GB (2GB recommended)), so the app dynamically keeps things "within bounds" for your specific machine by lowering your undo history automatically.

The structures feature is by far becoming my favorite new one. Watercolor is my nemesis, and I have a bunch of very old pencil drawings I have played with over the years with paints (I have been fine with paints that don't "just run"). With the ability to embed a drawing into the canvas with structures, watercolors just "paint themselves" now. In the digital world you can cheat SO much... I kept laughing because the "eraser tool" isn't available to anyone doing real watercolors, but is a handy crutch for people like me.